Friday, December 16, 2011

Christopher Hitchens dead 1949-2011

Over the years I have heard this man speak on Stations like CNN as a commentator on various mainly political subjects for many years. Though he was an avowed atheist and even wrote books about his Atheism I am not one to hold that against him. For I believe that each person must face life any way that works for them as long as that way doesn't harm others.

So, as a logical intellectual I can respect his point of view which sometimes reminded me of a sort of Zen like British discipline in the way he wielded facts against chaos and confusion of all sorts.

I think the reason that I respect people who are able to stay focused and calm in almost any situation often like British people do, especially men, is that I have seen so many people go off into various kinds of non-logical trantrums so many times during my life often with horrendous results to both their lives and others. So, people, (even if they are atheists) I find I can respect while alive, simply because they tend to stay rational in the face of any and all craziness in the world, even their own deaths. Mr. Hitchens Rest in Peace.

No comments: