Sunday, December 18, 2011

Intuitive or Fantasy?

If someone asks how one discerns between when one is acting as an intuitive or whether one is just having a fantasy that is actually much easier than you might think to answer.

For example, if you were on top of a roof would you know if you could safely jump off that roof without breaking your leg and would you jump off that roof? As a child I was one of the people who not only knew I could jump off that roof but I also would do it. (Even though now my podiatrist has x-rayed my feet and she said I have hundreds of tiny fractures in both my feet from doing this between the ages of 8 and 15 years of age. So, even though all the little fractures healed up without causing serious breaks or compound fractures, I knew I could jump off the roof fairly safely and so I did numerous times.

Also, how do you know that you can drive a car, ride a bicycle in many different kinds of conditions including mountain biking, or ride a motorcycle or fly a plane or surf a wave or SCUBA dive 50 or more feet under the water for an hour? You are aware you can do these things and so you do. And I have survived all these things and much more.

The same is true of intuitive things. There really is no difference at all. As a child I learned to trust my life to my intuition and sometimes might even walk along a fallen tree 50 or more feet up and I knew I could survive doing this and I did. However, if I sensed something wasn't safe I didn't do it. So, I also knew when I couldn't survive doing something. And intuition if you learn to trust your instincts is like this on all levels. If you are gifted and then if you need those gifts to survive something really traumatic in your life like I did to survive whooping cough at 2, and then blunt trauma childhood epilepsy from ages 10 to 15 and then a Heart Virus that everyone else I heard of who had one died that year and other stuff like this, then you know just like I do that often you trust your life to your instincts and to your intuition and to your common sense.

So, every day you ride your bicycle, ride your motorcycle, or drive your car or fly your plane, you are being an intuitive and instinctual in knowing you can do something and you trust your life and often other people's to your instincts and intuition. There is no real difference in what I do when I write of my past lives. I have had enough experiences to know the difference between fact and fiction.

However, past lives are also very tricky in that often I wonder if I am reliving a friend or relatives life that I witnessed or whether I am reliving my own experiences?

For example, in this lifetime right now that I'm living I mistook a memory that I thought was mine but was actually my best High School Friend's because the experience traumatized me at the time.

What happened was that I was always taking risks and he was much less of a risk taker than I. So, one day we climbed a dam in the desert that was about 200 feet high that caught water coming out of the 9000 foot mountains nearby. I climbed up a rusty metal ladder up the face of it the entire 200 feet with no problem. But when he got 100 feet up to the place where the ladder goes out backwards about 3 feet at an angle he froze. So, I was on top of the dam worried (after about 1/2 hour) that my friend was going to wear out and fall and die the 100 feet to the bottom. So, within about 10 years of that time I misremembered that it happened to him and then believed it happened to me instead. When my friend went to the Viet Nam War to Thailand to repair jet engines in the Air Force in 1969 we lost touch with each other until our 40s when I found him through Yahoo once again. When I talked to him he told me it was him that froze and almost died there and that I had climbed down and to give him confidence I had somehow climbed past him and stood right there with him coaxing him down so he didn't die, otherwise he would have. He said, "You were never afraid of heights but I always was so I froze. I stupidly followed you up the face of that dam so I wouldn't lose face but I almost died, Fred. It wasn't your fault I did a stupid thing for me to do. And so you had to save me which you did."

So, basically, the past life things I remember are likely all accurate. The part I'm not sure of is whether I'm the main character or one of the people actually there witnessing it. So, I'm sometimes less sure who I was but I was equally traumatized by the events because I was there just like the main character.

No comments: