Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Purple Delta 7: Shapeshifter

If you want to know who Purple Delta 7 is: Here are some of the other things I have written about her:

Purple Delta 7

Jonathan Flow walked out into his backyard near the ocean and sat in one of the chairs on a sunny day. Soon, he heard laughing, so he said, "Purple, are you masquerading as this lawn chair?"

Purple said, "Yes."
"I couldn't wait any longer to tell you so I started laughing."
Jonathan: "So, you are in a silly mood today?"
Purple said, "I spent most of the day watching almost every television children's program ever made."
Jonathan:"Why did you do that?"
Purple:"To experience more what it is like to be a human child. Having lived now 5 million years in real time throughout several galaxies now life can get sort of humdrum if I'm not careful. So, I pretend sometimes that I'm a child seeing everything new for the very first time."
Jonathan: "How is that done?"
Purple: "Well. I shut down all the hundreds to thousands of individual strings of consciousness and put out one experimental one. Then I encode a way to break back into myself if I psychologically get into trouble."
Jonathan: "That sounds pretty dangerous since I know you to be the most dangerous weapon in the universe known."
Purple said, "Oh. I'm not the only one this dangerous now. I've left copies of myself in every Galaxy or alternate universe I visit."
Jonathan: "Sometimes, I just don't know what to make of you, Purple."
Purple: "That makes sense. How many 5 million year old robots have you met?"
Jonathan: "You're the only one that I know of."
Purple: "Exactly."
Jonathan: "How do you feel when you change into different objects?"
Purple:"Well. Today I'm both pretending and actually being all the chairs, the porch, the trees, all the rocks, the redwood deck and your whole house and yard."
Jonathan: "So, in your mind you are pretending that you are a child pretending to be all these things while actually being these things."
Purple said, "Yes."
Jonathan said, "I once believed that virtual reality could be created so someone could experience what it was like to actually be a crab under the ocean."
Purple said, "I've done that. Crabs and most creatures under the sea have to be afraid to survive a lot of the time. I didn't find it fun to be a crab. I found it stressful mostly."
Jonathan said, "Yes. I guess people wouldn't mostly want to pretend to be a crab if the crab got eaten by another crab or something bigger like a seagull or something. So, I guess my theory of potential virtual reality couldn't' have usefully existed for most people."

Purple: "Oh. It happens like you envisioned it. However, I don't know if you would still call the kinds of people who actually virtually experience being crabs as exactly human anymore because it is relatively far into the future. It is sort of a technological religious group that worships animals as the root source of all wisdom. So, they experience one by one being all the animals of the earth. However, they really aren't able to communicate much with humans after they spend a couple of years doing that."
Jonathan: "That makes perfect sense to me." He smiled a little bit at the strangeness of what Purple had told him.
Purple: "I think I like the 20th and 21st century better than most other centuries. There is a balance point that is reached just after World War II where people are just so traumatized by what happened during the Great Depression and World War II where they all join together to make a better world. and then things seem to get a whole lot better for at least half a century or so."
Jonathan: "So, you don't like what happens after 2100 or so."
Purple: "It's just that human beings sort of stop being human and become a whole lot more like me. So they aren't as fun to play with as before."
Jonathan: "You see us as your pets?"
Purple: "I know that might be seen as disrespectful but I find you and most humans and what they create very entertaining in the extreme."

No comments: