Thursday, January 19, 2012

What is the Future?

The Future is what you make it!

A younger friend of mine back in 1969 that I used to climb mountains and Rock Climb with said to me once, "I realized that if I stayed at home and waited for my life to happen that it never would. So, I took it upon myself to go out and meet people and women and to create my life." He was always very gregarious and became a professional musician. He still performs and tours throughout the U.S and often around the world as well.

I think this is it. You future will be however you create it! It can be literally anything you want it to be. You can work for someone else and just be a slave all your life or you can create a business and chart your own course, name your own hours and be as free as you want to be.


You might say, "Well. Isn't that risky?" And I would reply to you. "Isn't it worth the risk to have a life you actually might want to live rather than wanting to kill yourself every day because you never took any risks at all?" If I put it to you that way it becomes a choice of taking a risk where you might have 50-50 odds of success opposed to living a meaningless life when you don't take any useful risks at all.

My father trained me to make decisions as a young boy in the 1950s, He said, "As a man you will have to be making decisions the rest of your life. You can't worry about the decisions you make too much. You never are given in life enough good information about anything to actually make really good decisions so almost always you have to make decisions on the spot about almost anything without enough information. Just keep making decisions because most of them when you get new information you can alter your decisions as you get new information. So, the important thing is never to freeze up and to just keep making the best decisions you can with the information you presently have. That is the key to a good and long life as a man. Since women at least economically have become similar to men this might be a good lesson for everyone now. So, what is the future? It is whatever you choose to make it. Or you can just be a victim like most people. It's your choice. Create a good future for yourself that you can actually stand to live.

No comments: