Sunday, January 29, 2012

Word Buttons

I have for some time been quoting articles as long as I gave credit to the site from which it came originally. However, things have been changing lately on the Internet in case some of you haven't noticed. When Megaupload was shut down a message was sent to everyone on the Internet that things were changing. Not necessarily changing for the better but changing never the less. More and more of us need to think about protecting our own best interests. Even though many like myself are mostly interested in directing attention to issues that appear to need attention for human ongoing survival here on earth. Other people are motivated sometimes (Only by Money) and not by any principles at all it seems. So, as the Internet morphs and becomes something less desirable to all of us, it might be more important to protect ourselves during this change. In the same way many young people are moving to Twitter to have a more anonymous experience away from Facebook right now, maybe many of us bloggers need to concern ourselves with content. And though it might be okay to place word buttons of articles we want to comment about, maybe it is time not to directly quote from those articles at our websites online. This is my thought today. I'll have to think more about it in the future. If I decide to continue to operate in this new way I will only publish photos that I or someone in my family have personally taken and only publish word buttons to direct people to articles that I am commenting on. Time will tell. I need to think more about this.

No comments: