Sunday, April 15, 2012

Josh Brolin on Saturday Night Live

 Josh Brolin was on Saturday night to promote MIB3. I found some of the skits pretty funny like the one called "the Californians" which is supposed to be a soap opera about Californians complete with "Valley Girl" jargon and the men spoke with "Surf Dude" accents. So, even though most people in California don't actually talk this way one could see what they actually were going for in regard to southern California surf and Hollywood and Valley Girl accent caricatures of what they were doing. They enjoyed it so much themselves that they could hardly keep from laughing.

Another skit that was pretty funny was about all the Proms this time of year and this was a pretty good skit too. Since my daughter went to a Prom Dance last night and she hosted a party here for her and 4 other girls who attended the Prom Dance and they were still outside in the hot tub with different colored lights flashing through the Spa lights through the water until about 2 am last night, it made the Prom skit even more funny to me than it would have been otherwise.

So, if you DVRed it and haven't seen it yet check out these two skits at the very least on your DVR or online.

1 comment:

Damon said...

Josh Brolin was a great host for SNL! I don’t live in California, but I know that there are many stereotypes about the people who live there, so I think that Californians was the funniest skit to me. I watched it at DISH with a few co-workers and we were dying of laughter. We watched it on DISH Online, which I’ve used for a long time to watch many shows that I’ve either missed or forgot to set on my Hopper DVR. I haven’t heard any word on who is hosting next, but I hope they are as good as the last two!