Thursday, April 26, 2012

Strange Reaction to IPHone lost to water

I felt really embarrassed when my Iphone accidentally wound up in my washing machine. However, the day before a friend who is a long time political ecological activist said to me, "I never carry a cell phone. They are awful!" At the time I thought, "Well. He's almost 70 years old and maybe it's just his age that he never got a cell phone." But then, being careful not to get poison oak while I was pulling an unexpected patch out of my back yard by the very back fence I was just so very focused on NOT getting poison oak anywhere on me that it would spread I forgot to take my cell phone out of my left front pocket of my jeans and remember too late 10 minutes later. But by then the washing machine was full of hot water and running. (However, the gloves and all the precautions worked at least in regard to my not getting any patches of poison oak anywhere. So, at least that part came off okay).

However, I was completely unprepared for my full reaction. It was almost like breaking up with a girlfriend like when I was between ages 15 and 25 years of age before I got married and had kids. It was awful and at the same time I also felt an incredible relief. The relief was that my fingers where I usually held it while I talked with the speakerphone on or when I did internet research or GPS work were happy not to be exposed to that much "Radiation" likely might be the best word I can find at present. Also, My left leg in the front was also happy not to feel a constant light burning sensation from having my phone in the pocket. When my son looked at diagrams of the IPhone online he said it was mostly battery which would explain the heavy corona energy around the phone. Don't get me wrong I was totally addicted to my IPhone and I took it literally everywhere and also must have taken several thousands of pictures in the U.S. and Scotland and England on it which was great. And it was amazing how interconnected to my IPhone I got. But in the end, my hands and my leg are REALLY grateful that they don't have to deal with that much radiation and electricity anymore. Even though radiation isn't the right word I can't think of a better one to use right now.  To make a long story short I'm tired of my hands feeling sort of numb and achey from the phone and I'm really tired of my leg burning and hurting slightly all the time with it in my pocket. Sort of sounds like an old girlfriend that you had a love-hate relationship with doesn't it?

No comments: