Sunday, May 27, 2012

In the Military: Family and Friends

Since I like being relatively anonymous I will use only the first names of my family and friends in the military. Some are veterans some were in the military.

Fred and Bob: My Dad and Uncle were in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve as gunners on a biplanes called "The Hellcat" which was an open cockpit two seater usually painted Yellow. They served out of Seattle Washington approximately 1933 to 1937. During World War II since they both were trained electricians who had been through trade school and were journeymen electricians also trained by their father they were needed to help wire and build Liberty Ships out of the Harbors of Seattle, Washington. My father passed away in 1985 and his brother about 1990.

Uncle Billy and his son, Billy my cousin. Uncle Bill was married to my Dad's sister Doris and served in the Aleutian Islands off of Alaska during world war II. After the war he worked for my Grandfather as an electrician and had two children Billy and Janice now both deceased. Uncle Bill worked all his working days as an electrician.  He has now passed on.

Billy, his son also joined the Navy around 1958 and was there at the Bay of Pigs offshore and there at the Cuban Missile Crisis also offshore there off of Cuba. After he served his 4 years in the Navy he joined Boeing and worked there until he passed on two weeks after the planes he helped build crashed into the World Trade Center Buildings and crashed elsewhere. The thought of planes he built being used in this way was too much for him so he passed on.

My best friend from from Junior High through  High School Mike, got his jet engine certificate at Glendale College and maintained and repaired Air force Jet fighters and bombers in Thailand that were used over North and South Viet Nam and (Cambodia secretly). He passed away this year from Early Alzheimers likely partly to do with the stress of the Viet Nam War. He worked for the Post Office repairing sorting Machines in Santa Barbara after the Viet Nam War.

 

I have met many many more veterans and have had long conversations with them about what they wished to share about their service. If they were on the front line most of the time I was shocked at what they had to say. So, whether it was World War II, the Korean War or the Viet Nam War or anything since war is always a very shocking experience for anyone involved. It is NEVER Like the movies at all. Not really.

This was written to Memorialize in a realistic way the sacrifice of all my family and friends who served in the Military or were veterans who now mostly are all passed away.

And Lastly Uncle Tommy, my Dad's and Uncle Bob's younger Brother. I wrote something that I channeled about Tommy, Dad and Uncle Bob alongside Albert Einstein and Nicola Tesla called:
Uncle Tommy Travels Time. Though my cousin has a certificate from the Navy certifying that my Uncle was a 1942 Military Test Pilot in the Navy I didn't know this until after I wrote "Uncle Tommy Travels Time". So, when my Cousin who is a very successful Lawyer told me about this I was amazed more than I was surprised at just how much "Uncle Tommy Travels Time" connects to reality.

If you want to read it here it is: Tommy

So, if you click on the above word button "Tommy" there it is.

When I was suicidal around age 22 in 1970 when I had sort of lost hope about finding a way forward in my life Uncle Tommy came to me as the first person I was able to Channel. Later in 1985 when my father was dying I was working 6 months a year as a Fire Lookout because I was raising three teenagers at the time and Free Health care provided by the State of California at that time  through my job with the State I couldn't pass up even though my wife and I also owned a couple of businesses. So, one night in August 'Uncle Tommy' Appeared in my Fire Lookout at my job. At first I was very surprised as he hadn't appeared to me since my early twenties when I really needed him to help me. This time he made known that he was coming to get my father who was then dying about 500 miles away while I was at my lookout job. So, since I had a phone I called my Dad to tell him his brother was coming for him. My Dad answered the phone and said, "Freddie. I don't feel very well right now. Please call me later." I said, "Dad. Watch for your brother Tommy. He's coming for you Dad." Dad just said, "Thanks Son. I'll talk to you later." And he hung up the phone. 5 hours later my mother called and told me Dad had died in an Ambulance on the way to the hospital. So, this is my relationship with Tommy and my Dad. Think about this when you read "Uncle Tommy Travels Time".




No comments: