Thursday, June 21, 2012

I Don't Trust Celibate People

Of course there are exceptions to this. For example, there are many many non-sexual or a-sexual people who could be Celibate (which I'm taking to mean never having sex with another being of any kind). However, the main reason I'm saying this is that from my point of view saying you are celibate is sort of like saying, "I will never defecate again". In other words, doing something like that often becomes fatal or deranged for someone.

That is not to say that there aren't many many well motivated, kind and caring people who attempt celibacy. The problem is that true celibacy isn't useful or even possible for most people. It messes with people's psychology and tends to create aberrant states of consciousness and sometimes aberrant actions. So, even though people tend to be well meaning who try to do this, most of the time this isn't humanly possible without major or minor psychosis, or becoming a sociopath in some way or another.

But then I must also bring in other cultures where people cannot openly or secretly be gay without being put in prison or killed. Possibly in those cultures many people just have no choice but to join a priesthood where being (celibate) is the norm.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that it is much better for everyone in society that people are able to be open about their sexuality. There is much less mayhem and death and psychosis and sociopathic behavior that way.

No comments: