Sunday, June 24, 2012

Of Cyberpunk and Tech Wars

My son got his bachelor of science in Nursing about a year ago but in his 20s he was a computer tech. One day he said, "I would rather fix people than computers and he and his first wife went back to college to become nurses. He succeeded.

But tonight he was telling me how he was scared what is now happening to tech around the world. "First" he said, "Nations are starting to want to censor everything around the world so their homegrown businesses aren't hurt by businesses around the world and he thought this would only make the Internet stranger than it now is everywhere on earth.

"Second, big tech companies are all at war and Microsoft is going to become in some ways like a Windows Apple and it is going to blitzkrieg the market with phones, (Iphone competition) and Slate(Ipad competition) etc. However, as we started talking I realized that the Slate would have SD chips to be able to transfer info sort of like a thumb drive and it would also have a USB connector (both of which the Ipad does not have). So, I began to see how even though Microsoft might not be competing with Apple at first, it might over time create a whole new nitch because it has the money and power to back up what it does just like Apple does.

Then you have Google and Facebook in a major war. (Google desperately wants to drive Facebook out of business and if Facebook could it would drive Google out of business). But as you saw with the IPO Facebook got the short end of the stick and you have got to know that somewhere somehow Google in some way was behind that and possibly even Microsoft too and any other competitors as well.

Then you have Samsung trying to keep Intel just making computer chips and not going out into new territories as well. So, you have an unbelievable amount of competition between all the biggest players in Tech.

Then you have Cyberpunks worldwide who cost the United States over 1 trillion dollars in stolen money from Banks and other large financial endeavors on the Internet. Likely they cost the European Union another 1 Trillion dollars as well. Then you have companies like Google and Facebook competing as to how much of your private financial and other information they can sell worldwide about anyone who uses the Internet Worldwide. And so you have countless lives destroyed financially worldwide in the process. You don't hear about this much because if people get harmed privately why should they also get harmed publicly worldwide. Or they may have no idea what happened to them as in most people who experience identity theft. They just know all their money in their bank accounts are gone. And the ideal target of this kind of thing is  usually a college student with their first ATM card and checking account who doesn't know yet their full financial rights yet or someone who is young in their 20s who is middle class or under in wealth. Worldwide Cyberpunks of all ages usually know not to attack someone wealthy enough to hire someone to track them down and kill them anywhere they are on earth. Because this happens to stupid cyberpunks worldwide. They just disappear and no one knows what happened to them ever. So, this is the really crazy world we now live in.

Because of all this I am very happy now that I accidentally ran my Iphone 4 through the washing machine in hot water. I replaced it with a new Ipad but I no longer have to worry about what all smartphone users should be worrying about worldwide, I am no longer tracked to every single destination I ever go to to the point where exotic maps are made and sold of my every move like most of you who have smartphones have done to you without your knowledge by who knows who worldwide.

Recently I was watching a science program and they were showing a smartphone tracking map of all smartphones in San Francisco, for example. The man said, "Look. See the large green dot group? They are all going to die early because they frequent bars a lot. Now look at the blue group of about 40,000 people. They will live longer lives." I thought to myself, "I don't want to be a green moving dot on the moving map or a blue moving dot in San Francisco. I want my privacy back so I feel safer once again.

Ever since my Iphone4 went through the wash my hands stopped hurting from the radiation of them and my left leg where my Iphone4 sat stopped burning because my Iphone4 was always there.

Do I miss my Iphone4? Terribly. But I miss it the way a drug addict misses his or her fix. So, rather than feeling like an IPHONE 4 coke whore, I now feel free with more of my privacy back. But, I wonder how I would feel if my Iphone4 had not accidentally gone through the wash?

A friend of mine offered to buy me a 200 dollar refurbished Iphone4 and a 45 dollar a month unlimited texting and phone calls inside the 50 states. It was very tempting but I said, "No!" I said, "I think it is dangerous at my income level these days for me to have an Iphone or any smart phone. And what I guess I'm saying to you is, "IF you are middle class or above it is too dangerous for your financial well being and long term privacy to have a smart phone. And beyond that it likely is dangerous for your children's future in working at jobs to be on Facebook. Because Facebook can and will sell anything your children ever put on Facebook including whatever they deleted and Google is the same way! Think about that! 25 to 50 years from now EVERYTHING ever posted on Facebook or anything to do with Google will be out there and affect your children's future including anything they posted that was deleted.

And another conclusion I have come to. All of the above is probably the biggest reason (Globalization) that the world appears to be in constant recession or sometimes depression now. Because you have the wealthy investors (electronically plugged in by the second to the financial pulse of the world). And then you have those who don't have investments not plugged in. And then you see why (in real time) the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. So, the really big investors now are sort of like really big Las Vegas Gamblers worldwide. And everyone else more and more are the losers because they don't gamble and they don't invest. It is sort of like the Entrepreneurs saying, "Nothing ventured nothing gained!"

Because basically, the way things are now generally people don't get ahead worldwide by just working for 40 hours a week anymore like they did during the 1950s to 1990s. This is mainly because unless people are plugged into all the changes constantly 24 hours a day like the rich of the world are, their share of the economic pie tends to be smaller and smaller by the year through no fault of their own. However, this is the new dynamic worldwide.So protect yourself, because if you don't who will?
Don't expect governments to protect you. Because they still work the 40 hour week generally too. Because the way things are now the most dangerous thing out there are not governments. The most dangerous thing out there are all the denizens of the Internet worldwide. The Internet bypasses all borders. When money can bypass all borders like it can now, all nations become powerless before this much money moving anywhere anytime. Until nations understand this all nations will be very vulnerable and so will all the middle class and poor worldwide.

So, is the Singularity here yet?(Ray Kurzweil predicts the Singularity by 2045) I would say it is already here for the plugged in rich. Whether that is a good or a bad thing for them I don't know yet. I think we will all know within 10 years time. But I can tell you everything now happening is really bad for everyone who isn't rich. That is for sure.

So, what should you do? I think everyone is going to have to make it up as they go along. Rich, middle Class and poor, we all live in a Brave New World now. We are all in this thing together, whatever it is.

No comments: