Friday, June 29, 2012

Spontanous Happiness

Last Christmas one of my close relatives gave me a book called "Spontaneous Happiness" by Dr. Andrew Weil, M.D.   I have had it out in my room sitting since then and I realized today how much looking at the words "Spontaneous Happiness" and the picture of a smiling Dr. Weil on the cover has been like a subliminal invocation for spontaneous happiness in my life. It is often the little things that effect our lives most of all.

I have been interested since about 1980 when I first started spending time studying with Tibetan Lamas first in Ashland, Oregon and then later in Santa Cruz and Berkeley in California and then in 1985 and 1986 with Tibetan Lamas including being initiated by the Dalai Lama in Bodhgaya, India into the Kalachakra Tantra initiation for four days in late 1985 along with 500,000 others mostly in native dress from Tibet, India, Sri Lanka, Nepal etc.

Ever since those times when I first discovered the concept of "Spontaneous Arisal from Voidness" which for me directly ties into "Spontaneous Happiness". So, this independent "Spontaneous Arisal from Voidness that souls often do to help other beings including themselves actually makes more sense to me than any other explanation regarding souls that incarnate in all living forms on earth and throughout the universe and in all dimensions everywhere everywhen.

So, since "Spontaneous Happiness" for me directly ties into "Spontaneous Arisal from Voidness" I cannot help but be happy when souls become spontaneously happy and arise to any good and positive occasion in the lives of their souls.

No comments: