Sunday, July 22, 2012

Mt. Hood from Trillium Lake

This is a photo of Mt. Hood in Oregon from Trillium Lake nearby. About 10 years ago we camped here while on our way to Canada when our two daughters were still under 12 years of age. It is a very beautiful lake and as you can see with a very beautiful view of Mt. Hood. You can also see up on the glaciers where I was skiing up high where the snow still is on Mt. Hood. This snow (on the glacier) stays year around and never completely melts off to make Mt. Hood a year around skiing facility with Palmer lift all the way up onto the glacier where I was skiing a few days ago now with my older daughter who is now 23.

The only other place I have seen where skiing might be year around some years is Mammoth Mountain in California and the top lift there goes up to about 11,000 feet there in California. Though I found it a little hard to breathe at that altitude my wife and daughter and a friend of my wife's and I all rode the gondolas and lifts up to 11,000 feet a few years ago there

Here is the view somewhat in the direction of Trillium Lake from the top of the Palmer lift above Timberline Lodge at around 8000 feet elevation plus.
The View from Palmer Lift

No comments: