Friday, July 20, 2012

The Full Time Diet

  • Designing a diet for your needs
  • The Wheat Grass Juice Test
  • Traveling on a Diet 
  • Breville Juice Fountain Elite Juicer 
  • Raw organic Vegan juicing recipes 
  • If you love Citrus
  • "If you love Citrus"  word button will take you to other word buttons that likely will take you back to the very beginning of my diet if you are interested.
  •  
  • However, now after losing the 30 pounds through Joe Cross' "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead Diet I have a different point of view than when I started.
  • (I can't seem to get rid of these black dots so please be patient with the black dots).
  •  
  • So, my new point of view is to integrate the diet as a full time thing into my regular diet. In this way, (at least when I'm home and not traveling on business or pleasure) I can do one, two or even three meals a day as an organic vegan vegetable and juice fast as is useful in my life. Of course, when I can I will do all three meals as a vegan organic vegetable and juice fast because I feel really great eating live foods. It's as if I'm 21 again most days I do this. However, because I'm 64 I'm also rethinking the whole thing a lot too because I'm not 20, 30, 40 or even 50 anymore. So, though I will continue this diet it will be on my own terms every day. 
I have noticed(finally the dots stopped. Thank God!) that I have continued to lose weight almost no matter what I eat firstly because my stomach has shrunk so I can't eat as much and I find eating less I feel better this way too. Also, I realize how often I would reach (in the past before the diet) for carbs like pasta, popcorn, bread, and pizza and other things rather than go out and buy live organic food that is unprocessed, even though my father all the time I was growing up was trying to convince me to become more of a raw foodist. At the time I preferred potato chips, smoothies (as long as they didn't have wheat germ or comfrey in them), RC Cola, Bubble UP and bubble gum back in the 1950s and early 1960s. Then my first and second wives were like my father in that they were incredible organic vegetarian cooks. But I never learned to cook. However, my third wife is very well educated and traveled all over the world before I met her when she was 39 and I 46, but she does not cook and I didn't marry her for that either. However, because of this my diet has suffered terribly even though we have been incredibly happy together as a couple.

So, what this new diet has done is to make me responsible for buying my own food. She still shops for food too. But mainly, I'm eating what I now buy and it is all or almost all organically grown, especially if I am juicing it.

So, for example, I woke up and my wife fixed my family scrambled eggs with cheese and I added some nice soy protein chorizo that I have discovered for fun at Save Mart( a local market).

Next around noon I fixed myself with my Breville juicer some juice and gave my son half. But he didn't like what I fixed and I realized I have to change the recipe. This is what I did.

3 apples
5 to 7 carrots
1 lemon including peel
2 oranges including peel

Though I could drink it he could not.

So, we both decided that if we put citrus into this drink tomorrow we will only add either one lemon or one orange because one lemon and two oranges is just too much for most people especially if you leave the peels on when you juice.

Then we walked (my son and I and my two dogs) for about a mile and a half. I realized I was still tired from traveling and also realized I hadn't exercised enough every day while traveling either. Skiing was like walking about 10 miles because my whole right leg almost didn't work for about a day after skiing on Mt. Hood. But it was really fun and worth all the strenuousness of it. Then later in the trip I walked several miles up a country graveled road that was incredibly beautiful like a rainforest near the Oregon coast where there were thimble berries and ferns and flowers blooming everywhere. My wife and older daughter walked in this remote area with me. But other than that I hadn't really exercised like I do regularly with my dogs in the forest when I am home on the northern California Coast.

After walking today with my son and my dogs I made just carrot juice by itself using about 7 organic carrots with my Breville Juicer. I felt really good after splitting this with my son who walked with me. I felt very alive even though tired out from walking. My son had made some home made lasagna and had brought some over from his house which I shared with him for dinner. Later, my wife called and wanted to bring me a Subway sandwich with a veggie patty with olives and provolone cheese and pickles and lettuce and tomatoes. So, this is what I ate today so far. Tomorrow I'm thinking about replacing up to two meals with organic Vegetables and fruit juices. Oh, also today I ate 6 or seven stalks of organic celery with peanut butter spread into the grooves of the celery. I really love this because my mother made for us when she was alive. So, at 64 now I know I can not only continue to lose weight on this diet, I can do three meals a day of organic vegan vegetable and fruit juices or I can do one or two meals a day and feel wonderful losing weight!

But I also know that doing 7 days (at age 64) one has to be more careful than if one was younger. For example, I also on that 7 day fast sunburned my back in the hot tub worse than I have been burnt in about 20 to 40 years. So that wasn't good for me because I'm also prone to skin cancer because I'm half Scottish. So, usually if I'm outside I usually wear a baseball cap or more. But usually I have my shirt on unless I'm in the hot tub spa. But, I really got burned and have been itching and peeling ever since for the last few weeks. So, one must be vigilant on this diet full time because of being a little spaced out from ONLY veggie and fruit juices. Yes. You might be able to lose 10% of your body weight in one week if you are a man. This is really nice because you actually see some results and you detoxify and pass things like mercury, lead and other toxins out your urine, sweat, breath and through your feces because your body doesn't have to spend 90% of it's energy digesting food. Instead your body detoxifies with that energy again and you can feel young again instead of feeling old and in pain all the time from age. I found it isn't so much age as the toxin build up that causes the pain before one goes on this diet. Also, I found that old ideas also drop away as you are on this diet which makes you capable of thinking in a much younger and resilient way also. But be prepared for altered states of consciousness if you do the diet full time and be careful driving especially if you are over 50 like me. The hardest thing for me to get used to was running out of energy just before my body decided which layer of fat to burn up next. Then a couple of minutes later I could actually feel the fat being burned up by the body in order to keep going. This is a really great feeling to have your body because of exercise burn up fat in the moment, even if it is a little eerie until you get used to it.

When you think about humans historically, we all had much less food to eat than now, even though likely it was of a higher quality generally in the deep past than now also because of everyone's wild life then. Also, there were times of not eating for up to a week or more when there was no food to eat along with all the altered states that come from having to do this. So, by doing an organic vegan juice fast in some ways you are entering some of the psychological and spiritual states of early man or woman which can be very empowering as a human being to experience if you are brave enough to do it.

No comments: