What this means in real terms is that 45 million Americans now receive food stamps so they won't starve to death. And it means that the other 55 million get Welfare and various other types of government and medical assistance. The important thing is to realize this is not State assistance but only assistance from the Federal Government.
Since there are approximately 350 million Americans right now in the U.S. you can see that this is almost 1/3 of the population that gets some sort of assistance from the Federal Government.
Because of Globalization and Global Climate Change and the present Growing drought I would say it is likely that this number will increase before it decreases. The 100 million receiving some kind of Government assistance is a quote from Jack Cafferty from the Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer Thursday.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Cancer rates 1900 to 2000 and beyond
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- Drones from 2012 article worldwide
- Did Emilia Clarke Use a Body Double During the Fire Scene on Game of Thrones?
- Memories (Of the past, present and future)
- Where Hurricane force winds will tend to be more and more from Global Warming
- Trump Implies Vets Suffering From PTSD 'Can't Handle' War