Sunday, August 12, 2012

Spiritual Paths

Since both my parents were lay ministers in the church I was raised in I have had a lot of experience of meeting people on spiritual paths before I became an adult. And after I became 18 and above I met people in college and in my life who were on many many different kinds of spiritual paths. But, I found I had an advantage that most other people did not. And this advantage was that I saw what the various excesses of zeal and enthusiasm did to many people's lives. In other words I also saw the carnage first hand of when people were not in balance psychologically or physically in regard to their spiritual paths. So, I was always looking for balance and as much harmony as possible. However, many of the people I met had already dealt with various really awful things in their lives and their reactions to those things it looked from my perspective at least might either kill them or drive them insane in the process of (their spiritual paths). And because I had seen the carnage even just in my own church of what happens when people are out of balance dietarily, psychologically, physically etc. I knew a lot about what was going to help people and what was going to drive people nuts and maybe kill them if they weren't very careful.

So, my perspective was much more pragmatic and balanced generally than most of the people I met. Even in my own church most people weren't really aware at what really happened in the Leadership of the church like I was exposed to as a child. So, the whole thing from top to bottom I was kind of exposed to because my parents were in charge of the Los Angeles church for my parents religion. So, by age 10 I sort of thought that people in my parents religion were nuts. But then, I got childhood epilepsy and I had to find a way to survive that. And my father wouldn't let me take phenobarbitol (which is a terrible drug anyway) and all I was left with was mind over matter. So, I began to become very spiritual just so I didn't die. So, I survived by letting God live in my body with me which likely would kill most people to do. But for me, it worked and I didn't die and I found that I wound up with many spiritual gifts and with no one but God to train me how to use them. And not only that, I found that most people don't develop gifts like mine even if their lives depend on it like mine did.

So, my point of view starting in my teens was that most people are "Spiritually blind". I see it different now. Now I see everyone as children. But then there are some people who are spiritually adults even when they are born. And these are the people that are very special people and even as babies the "Spark of God" burns brightly in them.

Often God places me near one of these in the womb and I sense the presence of God in this or that woman's womb. Other times the baby is born and the child recognizes my soul and says something like, "Hey Fred. Thanks for the help!" or something like that. So, these experiences are always amazing to me and I always give thanks to God for special experiences like this.

It is kind of like it says in the Bible, "Many people have eyes but they cannot see." What that means to me is that they are gifted but they just don't want to acknowledge to themselves or anyone else that they are gifted by God. And for me this is always kind of sad when I see children or adults like this who feel that they cannot recognize their God Given Gifts because they are too busy trying to appear to be something else other than what they actually are.

 

So, spiritual paths are necessary for God Beings to stay alive usually for a long life here on earth. So, once again God gives us the freedom to make any choice we wish. But, there is a price for any choice you make to be paid. So, as long as you know this and are willing to pay whatever that price is I guess it is all okay. But if you are stupid about all this then the price may be way beyond what you ever planned to pay for anything. So, this is what everyone needs to think more about in regard to their lives and their God given Gifts and their Spiritual paths.

If God gave you special talents and gifts and you refuse to recognize or use these gifts as God intended there always will be consequences that you might not expect. So, if you are gifted then maybe it's time to pray and ask God how he wants you to use these gifts?

No comments: