Thursday, September 27, 2012

Can robots help create jobs?

Can robots help create jobs? Time

I couldn't get the page to work here so you will have to click on the button to go there above that says, "Can robots help create jobs? Time"

However, in the late 1960s when I first got interested seriously in robotics I majored in Computer Data Processing back then when I was 18 to hopefully move into this field of creating robots to facilitate various kinds of work for people including robots for people to own so they could actually work in place of people so people could be freed up to write, exercise, and do various kinds of art and music and other hobbies. However, I soon realized between 1966 and 1970 that we were about 25 to 50 years away from being able to do what I wanted to be involved in. So, I eventually got out of computer data processing and computers and the evolution of computers and technology then became more of a hobby for me. So I bought a TRS-80 computer in 1978 and taught my older children the Basic language. Then in 1987 I believe I bought an IBM Clone AT and an Epsom Printer for about $2500. At this point my children started building their own computers and buying their own. I didn't decide to become an Apple Computer fan full time until the early 2000s because I just got tired of IBM Clone Computer crashes all the time even with Anti-viral software on board. The only problem for me since I'm not a computer gamer like one of my son's is that I have noticed Apple laptop and computer slowdowns have become more of a problem the last couple of years. But the concept of having a robot to expand and enhance a humans capabilities has finally come of age worldwide. Right now, this might be only true for the richest of people, but soon I believe this will slowly or quickly trickle down to the masses just like Cell phones did since the 1980s.

 

No comments: