Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Problem of Legal Mood Altering Drugs and Amnesiacs

I just had an insight regarding the problem of Mood Altering drugs of the family that started with Prosac, though I had wanted to put the names first the programming didn't permit me to. I was thinking that drugs that are used by doctors to eliminate memories when they artificially keep people in comas like my father and law was and mood altering drugs often have the same result. Because, if you take a mood altering drug like Prosac it causes you not to feel your real feelings about anything. Doctors started giving people Prosac at first so they wouldn't kill themselves. However, some people who wouldn't have killed themselves do so while starting on mood altering drugs or coming off them because the transition becomes too crazy for them to cope with. So, I had this insight of what would be the difference of giving prosac to a Wild Tiger or giving a medication that eliminates the tiger's memories for a day or a week or a month? In some ways there would be no difference in the effect but when you put the Tiger back out in the wild likely he would be killed or die by a competitor because he had forgotten mentally or emotionally or both the fatal nature of that competitor and would die as a result of the loss of the mental or emotional memory or both. In some ways I think the same result would be for humans in some environments.  So, taking mood altering drugs or drugs that suppress your recent memories likely will interfere with your ongoing survival in some situations. Also, if you can't feel your actual emotions you cannot make good decisions about anything in your life. So, though mood altering drugs and memory suppressants might help keep someone alive they also might contribute to their deaths by keeping them from memories that they  might have needed to  know about to figure out a way to stay alive in this world and to make a living in this world.

Later the next day afterthought. I realized after writing and compiling this information that I hadn't given anyone an alternative that might be useful. When I went through a divorce and custody battle  around 1995 I decided I didn't ever want to take Mood altering drugs or other anti-depressants. So, I did research into what I COULD take that might help me with the stresses of divorce, custody battles and financial problems that often accompany such situations. So, I realized at first that stressing burns up all your B-Complex and B vitamins in your body very quickly so I began taking a B-Complex capsule or tablet every single day. This helped a lot. However, at first when I couldn't get full custody or joint legal custody primary custody of my daughter I needed something stronger when my wife left and went to the east coast and I didn't see or hear or know where my daughter was for 2 years. So, I  needed something stronger while I didn't know if my daughter was safe or alive for 2 years and my ex-wife had broken her court order by leaving the state. Though the courts eventually went and brought my daughter back to California and told my wife she would lose any custody if she didn't stay in the State with my daughter after that it took two years until the courts legally took custody of my daughter from the east coast and brought her back to California. During this terrible time I took Mega B-STress tablets. Solaray is one product that makes this and it can be very effective as well depending upon your needs. Another thing is St. John's Wart that works for many people. The two years I didn't see my daughter was from age 5 to age 7. After that I saw her about 10 weeks a year, every other Christmas and every other Easter Vacation and several weeks for a vacation in the summer until she was about 14 to 16. However, she and I have always been on good terms and we have skied together every year since she was 7 now and last year she and her boyfriend and my wife and other daughter and I all went to England and Scotland together for 10 days. What I'm recommending here doesn't cover all situations but it can and does cover some.

Another thing that might be useful if you are worried about sinking into Clinical Depression is 5-HTP which might pull someone slipping into clinical depression back out of their depression if the chemical brain changes haven't stayed that way for too long. Sometimes before I was diagnosed with a hypothyroid condition I used 5-htp to keep from slipping into a depression and often found them useful in those situations. However, it also says on the label not to take these while taking anti-depressants. They are made from an African seed called Griffonia Simplicifolia.

In the end it is your choice to educate and to save yourself. Doctors who are prescribing medicine for you to take don't have to live in your body the rest of your life. So, if you don't do the research to save your own life there really is no one to blame but yourself.
  1. Memory Loss Can Be Caused By Over-The-Counter Drugs

    www.huffingtonpost.com/leo.../memory-loss-drugs-_b_822245.html
    Feb 17, 2011 – Common over-the-counter drugs or prescriptions can cause memory loss and cognitive impairment. Here's what to look out for.
  2. Drugs that Cause Memory Loss

    www.askdocweb.com/memoryloss.html
    Drugs that Cause Memory Loss. Memory loss comes as a surprise to many people, especially when it is caused by a medication that you thought was going to ...
  3. Drugs That Cause Memory Loss | Memory Loss Drugs | Caring.com

    www.caring.com/questions/drugs-that-cause-memory-loss
    Sep 15, 2012 – That's a great question because medications are one of many different things that can cause memory loss--it's not always Alzheimer's! In fact ...
  4. FDA admits statin drugs cause diabetes, memory loss

    www.naturalnews.com/035112_statin_drugs_diabetes_memory_loss....
    Mar 1, 2012 – (NaturalNews) All those doctors and medical experts who have expressed support for handing out statin drugs like candy or adding them to ...
    Here is a list of the non-organic chemical names and the proprietary names for well known mood altering drugs.
 Non-proprietary name
(answers hidden)
 
Proprietary name
(answers shown)
Old:  alprazolam  Xanax®
Old:  bupropion  Wellbutrin® Zyban®
Old:  carbamazepine  Tegretol®
New drug:  clomipramine  Anafranil®
New drug:  desipramine  Norpramine®
Old:  duloxetine  Cymbalta®
New drug:  fluoxetine  Prozac®
Old:  imipramine  Tofranil®
New drug:  lithium  Lithium carbonate and citrate USP
New drug:  mirtazapine  Remeron®
New drug:  paroxetine  Paxil®
New drug:  phenelzine  Nardil®


· Next Drugs Next Images (total of 17 drugs)

  Web Curriculum Home > Second Year > Pharmacology > Drug List > -#06: Drugs Go to previous lecture     Go to next lectureend quote from:http://medschool.swmed.edu/pharm/FMPro?-db=druglist.fp5&-lay=cgi&-format=drugresults.htm&-error=error.htm&numbersort1=1006&-sortfield=generic&-sortorder=ascending&-max=12&-find

No comments: