Sunday, September 16, 2012

U.S. to outperform Global Growth this year

Here is the quote:
"First, there's the Occam's razor explanation. U.S. stocks, as well as T-Bills are simply the nicest houses in the ugly neighborhood that is the global economy.  'This year, for the first time since 2007, it's likely that U.S. growth is going to outperform global growth.' notes Ruchir Sharma, head of emerging markets and global macroeconomics for Morgan Stanley Investment management.  Americans think that a 2% economy is terrible; in Europe, it would be a gift." end quote from page 24 in the latest Time magazin from September 24th, 2012.

So, if I presume then that the U.S. economy is going to outperform global growth this year, if I was a global investor where do you think I would put my money? That's right! I would put it in T-Bills and U.S. stocks and I also might take advantage of resident status and invest in property as well so I could live here through my investments into the U.S. economy. This is the reason the U.S. stock market is so high right now because it is the only real game in town (globally speaking for now) for relatively safe worldwide investments.

No comments: