Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Earthquakes

        Off the coast of Aisen, Chile 6.0 11-13-2012
Campoverde, Peru                5.9 11-10-2012
Champerico, Guatemala      7.4 and many aftershocks
port hardy, canada                6.3 11-08-2012
Cape Yakataga, Alaska        6.4 11-12-2012

If all these quakes were north of Australia and up into Indonesia, Japan and into China this wouldn't be very unusual. But because of the locations of all these larger quakes along the pacific side of Alaska, Canada, and central and South America, something is really going on where the plates meet North and south America during this month. I was talking to a friend who like me tends to sense earthquakes before they occur and a friend of hers in Washington state was concerned about a quake up there. However, at present I don't feel a quake coming myself. However, lately sometimes I haven't felt them unless they were big and nearer to me before they occurred.

No comments: