Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Hope

If you look around it appears that hope is in short supply everywhere. But is it? I find that the more difficult life gets the more hope (and help) is actually available. But, you have to ask for it.

So then, asking God for hope in your lives is useful worldwide in times like these. I often think times like these happen so people "WILL" ask for help and that God plans it this way.

I don't think God wants people to suffer. I just think he wants us to get used to asking for what we need. This seems to be the way it actually works.

This way you learn that the Government isn't your source. Your Job isn't your source and only God in the end is your only source of life in the end.

But this is just my observation of my experience over the last 64 years or so.

So, anyway, last night I got pretty depressed having to take 4 prescription medication every day now and feeling sort of strange from all of them. So, I got discouraged last night and as I was going to sleep asked for "Angels of Hope" to come into my life as I needed them.

It's funny how at those kinds of moments odd or unexpected thoughts come into your mind and I remembered the name of the street that my parents church that they were in charge of was on Hope Street in Los Angeles and then I felt the presence of Angels of Hope.

So, when I woke up this morning the sun came out and I felt good enough to get out a ladder and to paint some of the eves of my house above my redwood deck in the back yard that I hadn't finished completely yet (even though the front part of my house is immaculately painted in a really great way by my daughter's boyfriend this summer).

So, as I was painting I was grateful to God for giving me hope. Then I had to see one of my doctors today and she agreed with me that while I was taking this many medications that I shouldn't have another colonoscopy even though I already had two one 10 and one 12 years ago until I am on the present medications at least 4 to 6 weeks. This gave me hope too that my doctor agreed with me.

There are only so many variables that a person can deal with in life at once. So, now I am hopeful because I don't have to have another colonoscopy for a month or more. Thank God!

By the way, 12 years ago during my very first colonoscopy they found a pre-cancerous polyp and used one of the wire loops on the colonoscopy device to snip it off. So, understanding that having done this it saved my life I am also saying that I'm alive now because I had the first one 12 years ago.

And they recommend having one every ten years at least after you start having one to eliminate the possibility of colon cancer. Before they did this colon cancer was almost always fatal.

So, we have many things to be hopeful about. Hope is there but you might have to pray to get it.

So, praying is useful but good medical care is also useful if you like staying alive.

No comments: