Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Charles Sindelar: Spiritual Artist


THE GREAT DIVINE DIRECTOR

As a child I was in church at the White Temple in the Silver lake District of Los Angeles. (I don't know if it is there anymore or what happened to it now). But I remember the original of this picture hanging there painted by Charles Sindelar. I always enjoyed his lifelike representations and even though this version of it is a little blurry it still conveys much of the feeling of a powerful spiritual saint or being possibly someone like Jesus. The circle of colors behind the being represents his spiritual attainment through good works.

This was painted originally by Charles Sindelar who passed away a year before I was born so he passed away in 1947. If you want to see more of his work go to Google images and type in Charles Sindelar. I always loved his works and his wife was really nice to me when I was little from ages 6 to 12 from 1954 until 1960 when I knew her there at the White Temple in Silver Lake in Los Angeles.

No comments: