Friday, February 22, 2013

E911 on all new Cellphones

E911 basically seems to mean on all new smartphones that you cannot any longer completely turn off your privacy locators. I was just trying to turn off my geotagging of my photos and I'm not even sure I can do that on my latest smartphone which makes me wonder what is going on and how safe any smartphone actually is for anyone to have now that these laws are changing. One of the stars of one of the TV programs known for blowing up things accidentally left his geotagging on while showing a picture of his tricked out 4 wheel drive  online that caused his house to be burglarized because he forgot to turn off geotagging which gives (within 3 feet) lattitude and longitude of where the picture was taken. So, if E911 prevents people from turning off locators does this include geotagging which might mean people can no longer post photos online from ANY new smartphone without getting burglarized or raped or killed by criminals? I'm not sure of the answer to this question at this point. In the meantime until I find out I wouldn't EVER post a photo from ANY new smartphone online ever until you know for sure unless you want to risk your life and property.

After writing the above I wanted everyone to know more about what geotagging actually is and it's extreme dangers to law abiding citizens worldwide. Here is the article:

No comments: