Tuesday, February 19, 2013

El Morya

My wife bought me a picture of El Morya while we were in Mt. Shasta recently. I had grown up with knowing about him through my parents who were active in the Saint Germain Foundation (my mother from 1936 and my father from 1940 and I was born in 1948. The first I heard about El Morya or Morya as we knew him in my parents religion was that Madame Blavatsky knew him during the beginning of the Theosophical Society. Here is what I found at Wikipedia. I thought it might be the most unbiased because there are slightly different versions of who he is from various religious offshoots and teachings that abound.

Morya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morya
Morya (Theosophy), one of the "Masters of the Ancient Wisdom" spoken of in modern Theosophy; Morya Gosavi, a prominent saint of the Hindu Ganapatya sect ...

Morya (Theosophy)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Morya is one of the "Masters of the Ancient Wisdom" within modern Theosophical beliefs.

Contents

History

In the Ascended Master Teachings Morya is considered one of the "Ascended Masters," also known as the "Chohan of the First Ray" (see Seven Rays). H. P. Blavatsky originated the belief, professing that Morya and Master Koot Hoomi were her guides in establishing the Theosophical Society. Blavatsky also wrote that Masters Morya and Koot Hoomi belonged to a group of highly developed humans known as the Great White Brotherhood. Although Master Morya's personality has been depicted in some detail by various theosophical authors, critics point out that there is little evidence that Blavatsky's Masters, including Morya, ever existed.[1] Author K. Paul Johnson wrote that Blavatsky gave conflicting versions of her meeting with Morya and suggests Blavatsky fictionalized the story, basing it on her encounter with an Italian political activist.[2][3] Author Paul Zweig writing in the New York Times characterized Blavatsky's claims as fraudulent, saying they were invented "out of whole cloth."
After Blavatsky's death, theosophists and others continued claiming to have met Morya or to have received communications from him. William Quan Judge, the leader of the American Section of the Theosophical Society, stated privately that he had received letters from Morya and other Adepts. Annie Besant, head of the European Section and co-head of the Esoteric Section with Judge, made public statements supporting the genuineness of those letters; but she later accused Judge of falsifying them, asserting that her suspicions of him were confirmed by the visitation of a Mahatma, presumably Master Morya, to whom she was linked.[4] The ensuing controversy led to the break-up of the Society in 1895, but leaders in the increasingly fragmented movement continued making claims about having received communications and visitations from the Masters connected with the cause. Theosophical writings offered vivid descriptions of Morya, his role in the Brotherhood, and his past lives. [5]

Incarnations

Morya's earliest notable claimed incarnation is recorded by Annie Besant and C.W. Leadbeater (from, the source states, their research into the "akashic records" at the Theosophical Society headquarters in Adyar (Tamil Nadu), India conducted in the summer of 1910) as having been the Emperor of Atlantis in 220,000 BC, ruling from his palace in the capital city, the City of the Golden Gates.[6]
According the Ascended Masters teachings, some of the later incarnations that Morya is said to have had include:[7][8]

Ascension

Students of Ascended Master Activities believe that Morya ascended in 1898, becoming an Ascended Master and Chohan of the First Ray, and that his spiritual retreat is located at Darjeeling, India.[9][10][11]

References

  1. ^ Philip Jenkins, Mystics and Messiahs, p.41-42. Oxford University Press, 2000, NYC
  2. ^ K. Paul Johnson, The Masters Revealed: Madame Blavatsky and the Myth of the Great White Lodge (Albany: SUNY, 1994), 41.
  3. ^ Johnson, Paul K. Initiates of Theosophical Masters Albany, New York:1995 State University of New York Press
  4. ^ Annie Besant, The Case Against W. Q. Judge (1895), p. 13. About Besant’s closeness to Morya, in a letter of 27 March 1891 to Judge, Blavatsky writes: “She is not psychic nor spiritual in the least—all intellect—and yet she hears the Master's voice when alone, sees His Light, and recognises His Voice from that of D____.”
  5. ^ Letters of the Masters of the Wisdom: Second Series Nos. 69 and 70; First Series No. 19; Wachtmeister, op. cit., Chapter 5.
  6. ^ Besant, Annie and Leadbeater, C.W. Man: How, Whence, and Whither? Adyar, India:1913 Theosophical Publishing House Page 122 Note: On page xii of the introduction it is explained that the name Mars is used to refer to the reincarnating soul entity now known to Theosophists as Morya in his various incarnations.
  7. ^ Prophet, Mark L. and Elizabeth Clare Lords of the Seven Rays Livingston, Montana, U.S.A.:1986 - Summit University Press - "Morya - Master of the First Ray" pages 21 - 78
  8. ^ Prophet, Elizabeth Clare and Prophet, Mark (as compiled by Annice Booth) The Masters and Their Retreats Corwin Springs, Montana:2003 Summit University Press Pages 87-92 El Morya
  9. ^ Luk, A.D.K.. Law of Life - Book II. Pueblo, Colorado: A.D.K. Luk Publications 1989.
  10. ^ Schroeder, Werner Ascended Masters and Their Retreats Ascended Master Teaching Foundation 2004.
  11. ^ Booth, Annice The Masters and Their Retreats Summit Lighthouse Library June 2003.

Sources

  • Besant, Annie and Leadbeater, C.W. Man:How, Whence, and Whither? Adyar, India:1913—Theosophical Publishing House
  • Leadbeater, C.W. The Masters and the Path Adyar, Madras, India: 1925—Theosophical Publishing House
  • Prophet, Mark L. and Elizabeth Clare Lords of the Seven Rays Livingston, Montana, U.S.A.:1986 - Summit University Press

Further reading

  • Campbell, Bruce F. A History of the Theosophical Movement Berkeley:1980 University of California Press
  • Godwin, Joscelyn. The Theosophical Enlightenment Albany, New York: 1994 State University of New York Press
  • Johnson, K. Paul The Masters Revealed: Madam Blavatsky and Myth of the Great White Brotherhood Albany, New York: 1994 State University of New York Press
  • Melton, J. Gordon Encyclopedia of American Religions 5th Edition New York:1996 Gale Research ISBN 0-8103-7714-4 ISSN 1066-1212 Chapter 18--"The Ancient Wisdom Family of Religions" Pages 151-158; see chart on page 154 listing Masters of the Ancient Wisdom; Also see Section 18, Pages 717-757 Descriptions of various Ancient Wisdom religious organizations
  • Cranston, Sylvia HPB: The Extraordinary Life and Influence of Helena Blavatsky G.P. Putnam's Sons, New York, 1993
While at Wikipedia I also found:

Morya Gosavi

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Morya Gosavi

Morya Gosavi lithograph
Born exact date unknown
Bidar, Karnataka or Morgaon, Maharashtra, India
Died exact date unknown
Chinchwad, Maharashtra
Titles/honours Venerated as the chief spiritual progenitor of the Ganapatyas
Philosophy Ganapatya
Literary works devotional poetry devoted Ganesha
Morya Gosavi or Moraya Gosavi (Marathi: मोरया गोसावी, Morayā Gosāvi) alias Moroba Gosavi is a prominent saint of the Hindu Ganapatya sect, which considers the elephant-faced god Ganesha as the Supreme Being. The tomb of Morya Gosavi at Chinchwad attracts many Ganesha devotees.[1]
Morya Gosavi is considered the chief spiritual progenitor of the Ganapatyas and described as the "most famous devotee" of Ganesha.[2]

end quote from wikipedia:

My own experience with El Morya became enhanced when I attended The Archangel Gabriel's and Hope's quarter at Summit University when it was located in Pasadena at the College of the Nazarene there. Because he founded the Summit Lighthouse through Mark Prophet and then his wife Elizabeth Clare Prophet, by the time I went there in fall 1977 I was able to meet Elizabeth Clare Prophet and so did my mother and father at that time. So, El Morya was a part of this teaching then. However, then I separated form the Summit Staff by Spring 1978  but still attended conferences at times into the 1980s, and was especially amazed at the Saint Germain Conference in the early 1980s when violet lightning and purple rain came down directly caused by the dynamic prayers of that Conference.

El Morya has once again revealed himself to me and I have been finding Ganesha statues recently too. So, it is also interesting learning about  

Morya Gosavi today. I'm not sure what the connection is entirely at this point. Maybe something will be revealed in the future.

My recent experiences with El Morya:

Recently, I became reacquainted with Morya. Since I grew up with just calling him that when I converse with him this is how I refer to him. Just like when I'm communicating with Arcane I call him Arcane or when I communicate with Saint Germain I call him Saint Germain or when I'm communicating with Jesus I call him Jesus etc.

When I left the Summit Lighthouse staff in Spring 1978 I was sort of confused at why I wasn't being led by God to be a part of one religion or another. I had felt sort of lonely since I had to leave the Saint Germain Foundation that my parents belonged to because I was too 1960s for them and too progressive in my thinking especially around social changes during the worldwide Social Revolution here on Earth at that time.

So, when I also was leaving the Summit it was confusing to me and I sort of at that time gave up the idea of belonging formally to any church anymore. I usually wound up in any church as part of the staff or leadership because of my nature. But having got there I always found hypocrisy which is in the heart of any church and I always became upset by this hypocrisy within all churches. It is basically the adage,"Do as I say not as I actually do." And since I'm no fool I had to go my own way eventually always.

So, I learned that becoming an adept and gathering spiritual knowledge regarding what was necessary for the enlightenment of all mankind became my quest. And I found I had to discard the hypocrisy of all churches to be successful in my quest. So, my quest was always the truth so the most people could live good, true, and successful lives while not killing themselves or others and learning compassion for all life in the universe.

This is not an easy task no matter where you start in your life. Because there are so very many confused in various ways kinds of people in the world. And even though most of them are sincere in what they are doing one has to learn how to filter whatever they are saying. And this becomes more important every day of your life. Eventually, I learned the most powerful and universal path was a path of compassion. Though worshipping truth is important the problem with truth is that it kills as often as it saves people. So, observing truth as a two edged sword and learning to respect the truth but also seeing how it often kills people is something to meditate and contemplate in all our lives.

So, in my late 20s I began to practice compassion more and more because I began to see just how practical and useful compassion is both towards myself and towards all beings. This led me to eventually Tibetan Buddhism which was a good fit for me in my onward spiritual path. I'm one of the 25% of Tibetan Buddhists who also believes in God who is also a mystical Christian simultaneously. I find no conflict here at all because to westerners Buddhism is a philosophy rather than a religion. But, to me personally, Christianity and Buddhism are connected by compassion and forgiveness which are two of the most powerful concepts ever thought up.

Morya showed up recently because I was describing the Summit Lighthouse to someone who hadn't heard of it before. As I explained about Mark Prophet and Morya coming to him to tell him to start this new religion I realized I hadn't been talking to Morya like I used to and I felt ashamed. I contacted Morya and said,"Morya. When I left the Summit I haven't been talking to you as much and I feel ashamed." He said, "Don't worry about it! Everything in it's perfect timing!" I spoke to him about how I had stayed in contact with Archangel Michael who is also Blue Ray like Morya and he seemed to think everything was perfectly okay. There is a hierarchy of masters like Jesus and Saint Germain and Morya and Dwalkhul and others that are all Chohans of the various rays of light.
For example, Morya is the Chohan of the Blue Ray and Saint Germain is the Chohan of the Violet Ray etc. And each ray has it's purpose. 

In the Summit Elizabeth Clare Prophet taught that the Blue ray is the first ray to establish a new order. So, her point of view was that Morya was the Chohan of the Blue Ray bringing in the first ray of the Aquarian Age was is beginning. For example, Jesus was the emissary of the Piscean age. Even the little fish that people use to represent Jesus on the backs of some cars are a representation of Pisces the Fish.

So, my relationship with Morya is back in full and I'm seeing Ganeshas more and more and that is kind of interesting and also my wife bought me a picture of Morya because I haven't had one for awhile on my altar or wall in my bedroom. I have always had a picture of Saint Germain and Jesus on the altar or wall of my bedroom since I was born because it changes the field of energy 24 hours a day and keeps it clear from all negativity.

Morya wishes to thank me for writing about him and mentioning about him to you.           


No comments: