Sunday, February 3, 2013

Home

I looked at the weather and It was about 52 degrees at home today so I drove north preparing for colder weather than in southern  California which was about 70 to 79 degrees during the days there.
It was mostly clear along the beaches at Pismo Beach but the fog was visible along the coast just north of there as I drove inland towards San Luis Obispo. In some articles it says that San Luis Obsipo is the happiest place to live in the country. It is far enough from any big city and has Cal Poly there so it is a college town, it is near to the coast and to Pismo Dunes and also Morro Bay and further north the Big Sur coast. So, it has most everything a lot of people want without too many people. As I got closer to the bay area the temperature slowly dropped to about 57 degrees in the early afternoon to make me know I was in the winter in Northern California rather than in the 70s which is more normal for Southern California in the winters there. I grew up in southern California in Glendale from 1956 until 1969 when I moved to Venice, California and then later that year to San Diego. It was hard for me to imagine that my cousin and I first started sailing on his Columbia 22 all weather sailboat in 1968 when I was 20 when he first bought it.  But here we are both still alive all these years later and still sailing together at least once a year.

No comments: