Monday, February 4, 2013

October 8th Aurora Borealis above Canada

This is a black and white photo taken from space of the Aurora across large parts of Canada which is the same day my heart problem began while I was flying back from Maui, Hawaii. Also, on the 8th my daughter's plane was grounded as well as all Alaskan Air Lines planes around the world for 5 hours because the Solar Flare knocked out the Satellite feeding their Computers with information internationally. So, just about the time we were going to buy a ticket for my daughter to fly with us on United to San Francisco rather than leaving her alone on Maui, the computers reset enough to begin flying Alaska Airlines planes once again. And luckily, when they grounded their planes they couldn't ground those that had already taken off and were flying. So, during this time her plane landed at Kahului Airport on Maui, Hawaii so she had to take off while I was trying to return my rental car so I didn't even have time to say goodbye to my daughter who lives in Portland.

 After this day within a few weeks of struggling my doctor had me take a carotid artery and heart sonogram and got me on lisinopril so I could think straight once again. He told me I was getting 1/3 less blood to my brain because of this incident and therefore couldn't process properly until I began taking lisonpril which reroutes and rebuilds heart and blood pathways and starts to rebuild your heart in some ways. I had to take this drug when I had my heart virus in 1998 and 1999 and it saved my life then too and have never had any bad side effects so far.

Anyway, here is the article I wanted to share about the 8th of October and how it affected so much of Canada on this date. The bottom photo you might be able to click on to enlarge it. It was published on the 10th of October:
EarthSky // // Earth Oct 10, 2012

View from space: Aurora stretching across Quebec and Ontario on October 8


Orbiting satellite acquired view of an aurora, seen from above, on October 8, 2012. These northern lights resulted from a storm on the sun several days earlier.

An orbiting satellite acquired this view of the beautiful aurora borealis, or northern lights, on the North American morning of October 8, 2012. The lights were caused by a storm on the sun several days earlier. The northern lights in this photo stretch across Canada’s Quebec and Ontario provinces.

Aurora from space on October 8, 2012 via NASA

Map via kevino.ca
The Suomi National Polar-orbiting Partnership (Suomi NPP) satellite acquired this image of the northern lights, which resulted from eruption on the sun’s surface on October 4, 2012. That solar eruption sent a coronal mass ejection or CME – a plasma of charged electrons and protons from the sun – hurtling toward Earth. A few days later, the storm from the sun caused a geomagnetic storm on Earth, as the solar particles struck our planet’s magnetic field. In other words, it stirred up the magnetic field and produced gorgeous displays of the aurora borealis, or northern lights.
Photos from friends: Beautiful auroras stretching across the Canadian provinces of Quebec and Ontario on the North American morning of October 8, 2012
Read more about this photo from NASA

end quote from:

View from space: Aurora stretching across Quebec and Ontario on October 8


No comments: