Monday, May 27, 2013

The Impossible: The Movie

We just watched "The Impossible" on Amazon Instant movies tonight. You can stream through a Roku Netflix and Amazon Instant movies and others on your living room TV. It is the true story of one family's experience trying to survive the 2004 December 26th Tsunami that hit where they were. All Told around 200,000 to 225,000 people died in this tsunami as it hit Thailand, Indonesia, Ceylon and all the surrounding islands and various other places throughout the Pacific Ocean. Noami Watts and Ewan McGregor and the kids all do a really amazing job on this movie. But if you are going to watch it have your hankies ready because this was obviously a life threatening and life changing experience for everyone who went through this. It is now 8 almost 9 years since this happened now.

I remember waking up that morning and watching this on CNN that day. The 26th since it was over the international date line was Christmas Morning December 25th here in the U.S. when it actually happened as we watched it happening live here in the U.S. A truly amazing true story.

Also,  as an Intuitive the month before the 2004 Tsunami was difficult for me personally because I felt it coming, didn't know exactly what it was, and was very afraid because of how strong what I felt was that I and my family might die. I knew it likely was an earthquake because of the way it made me nauseated but didn't know for sure where or exactly when it would hit. Being sensitive like this can be really awful sometimes. It was particularly eerie when I watched the Heaven realms open up about a week or two before the Earthquake and Tsunami hit all around the earth. I knew this meant usually that a lot of people were going to die and go to heaven. But, like I said though I felt it coming I didn't know where on earth it was going to hit. And because it was so very strong I suspected it was going to hit somewhere in California and that thousands were going to die. So, when I watched it Live on CNN TV though I was horrified to watch it happen live there I was also relieved it wasn't me and my family dying there but instead it was happening on the other side of the world.


  1. 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami - Wikipedia, the free ...

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Indian_Ocean_earthquake_and_tsunami
    The 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake was an undersea megathrust earthquake that occurred at 00:58:53 UTC on Sunday, 26 December 2004, with an epicentre ...

I had another experience a little like this with the Loma Prieta Earthquake in 1989 in October. Death came to me as the skeleton with a cloak and a scythe which he had never come to me before as and pointed two fingers in the air like two members of my family might die in a dream vision at night while I was asleep. My wife and I realized that we needed to take our children to safety from whatever it was. At first I thought it might be a nuclear blast. But, over time I realized the likelihood was that it was going to be a large earthquake. So, since we knew the week it was going to happen we flew to Hawaii and watched it on TV there instead of living through it on the Ground. At the time we were both students at UCSC in Santa Cruz and the epicenter of this large earthquake was 6 miles from where we lived in Family Student Housing then.


  1. 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_Loma_Prieta_earthquake
    The Loma Prieta earthquake, also known as the Quake of '89 and the World Series Earthquake, was a major earthquake that struck the San Francisco Bay Area ...


No comments: