Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Allergic to Bread? 40% on Earth are

John Oliver on the Daily Show was saying recently that many people are allergic to bread in a funny way. That's true! Almost 40% worldwide are allergic to wheat based breads, pastas, and pizza crusts. The allergy ranges from being fatal all the way to milder forms. It wasn't until this year (March) I learned I was allergic to gluten from Wheat, Oats and Barley myself. This was a Godsend for me because I had already realized there was a 10% chance that I would die this year. Now there is a zero percent chance I will pass on this year because I found out about my lifelong allergy.

The first thing I noticed the first 24 hours after giving up all Wheat, Oats and Barley is 90% of my pain in my body was gone. The second thing I noticed was that my thinking was much clearer. Within a few weeks I got in my 4wheel drive truck and drove all the way to Portland, Oregon to visit my daughter and her boyfriend there. (She's 24). I wouldn't have considered this before (at least from October to March) because I wasn't feeling well enough to drive that far safely alone.

So, this is a real change in my life. Giving up gluten for a week might be a good thing for you to try to see if it helps you in some way or ways. See if your pain goes away and your head becomes clearer. These are a couple of the signs that will tell you that you either are allergic to gluten or that you could benefit from not eating or reducing you gluten intake.

No comments: