Monday, July 22, 2013

Daily Observations 46 on a Husqvarna Nuda 900R

 

Daily Observations 46 on a Husqvarna Nuda 900R

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UontAuGIVYU

I found this video by accident yesterday riding a Husquvarna Nuda 900R. I later found a stunt rider who uses only a Husky Strada 650 and a Nuda 900R for all his stunt riding. So, I have have found a lot of people lately pretty impressed with the Strada 650 and the Nuda 900R. 

In the last month or so I posted two guys riding a KTM and a STrada 650 and they found the Strada was the best Dualsport of the two even though they both had good qualities. I think they said if you only wanted a street bike the KTM was good. But if you wanted a Dualsport the STrada 650 was superior to ride. I haven't seen them take a Nuda 900R off road yet but if a stunt rider is using it for stunts it must be pretty well balanced. I think the STrada is a single cylinder and the Nuda 900R is a twin cylinder. Usually off road a single is better for quick response. I'm thinking of either trading my KRL 650 in on a Strada 650 because it is built for bigger taller guys than a KLR 650. If I wasn't 6 foot 5 I would like to stay with my 2009 KLR 650 but even though I store it in my garage I still live within a mile of the ocean and I'm seeing the effects of the salt air on different components a little already. So, I'm thinking of going with a STrada next even though I'd like the extra power of a Nuda 900R.

But, you won't ever find me riding my motorcycle like this guy does in the video above. For me, at 65 that would just be suicidal at this age. I prefer to ride only in remote areas with few drivers on more remote roads that offer only a terrain challenge. What he is doing in this video is extraordinary but it is sort of like watching a stunt rider in action. You can't keep up this kind of riding forever without something happening eventually. The laws of probability are against you. IT's pure testosterone and I was there once too.

 

No comments: