Saturday, October 26, 2013

Dark Shadows: 2012 Johnny Depp movie for Halloween

Dark Shadows really creeped me out the first time I saw it and was very offended when he eats all the hippies around the campfire. I really thought that went too far. Being set in the 1970s when I was 22 to 32 in 1980 I lived that time so the setting and the music really got to me. It opens with "Knights in White Satin" which was my favorite song when it came out and I went to see the Moody Blues a couple of times in concert during the 1970s as well as Led Zeppelin also (But my ears rang for 4 days afterwards). So, the setting and the music was very nostalgic for me. Even though 1980 to 1985 was the happiest time for me around then (I was 32 to 37 those years (the happiest a human gets supposedly is 33 worldwide) because you are going to experience more constant physical pain after that if you are a normal human being.(mostly only physical hopefully). My father was stoic so he taught me how to ignore pain even if I was bleeding. So, I usually don't react to pain and instead just stay focused unless it is so bad it makes me pass out. He was an Electrical Contractor so if you are up on a ladder 30 feet high installing something you just can't react to any pain and live through that. (You can't wear gold or silver rings either or a gold or silver necklace while working unless you want your fingers burnt off from electricity either or get shocked through the metal in the necklace.

Dark Shadows (2012) - IMDb

www.imdb.com/title/tt1077368/
Rating: 6.2/10 - ‎133,033 votes
Directed by Tim Burton. With Johnny Depp, Michelle Pfeiffer, Eva Green, Helena Bonham Carter. An imprisoned vampire, Barnabas Collins, is set free and ...
I wanted to watch it and since I have Amazon Prime I paid I think it was $8.99 to own a digital copy there in the library in HD so each Halloween I can watch it with my family if they will. Another movie we have watched religiously every Halloween since my wife and I got together in 1995 and got married is "High Spirits" with Peter O'toole. I find I can still watch it because it is funny and still a great ghost story for Halloween every year with my wife and sometimes my daughter. This time even my 17 year old daughter watched Dark Skies with us which was really fun. Last night we helped Chaperon her High School Dance so we were out walking around her private school outside until 11 or so with flashlights making sure everyone was okay and there weren't any unwelcome intruders. So, Happy Halloween and enjoy all those Halloween Parties out there folks!

No comments: