Friday, November 29, 2013

2013 BMW G650GS Specifications

For those of you who don't know this about me I have always been very into on road off road motorcycles since I was little. I used to drive  a friend's Vespa down sand dry washes and then my own 2 1/2 horsepower mini-bike (if it was going fast enough) down dry washes too starting when I was 10 or 12 years old. My father put me on a motorcycle at age 2 because I demanded it and I was sold at 2 on the idea of a motorcycle even then. Anything that flew, went fast or glided or was a motorcycle I have always loved. However, I also like staying alive so I'm not into riding on freeways or in heavy traffic on a motorcycle. Because I trust myself in almost any condition on the road or off. But the problem is many people don't see you because they are expecting a car. That is how motorcyclists often wind up dead. So, I avoid people that don't see me and stay alive by riding more remote roads and off road or on dirt roads wherever it is legal to do throughout California and in the future in other states. This spec sheet caught my eye. I presently have a 2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 that I bought new but I'm also looking now at a BMW dualsport as well. It is built for larger taller men like myself. (I'm 6 foot 5). (The car I'm most comfortable in so far is a Mercedes which is great if you are tall too). However, I drive presently a 4wd Tundra which has plenty of legroom and room to stretch out too.

 

2013 BMW G650GS Specifications

Technical specs, prices, photos, ratings and reviews for the 2013 BMW G650GS. Buy a 2013 BMW G650GS at a local motorcycle dealer.

Buyer's Guide > Adventure Touring > 2013 BMW G650GS
2013 BMW G650GS
2013 BMW
G650GS
MSRP $7,850

The BMW G 650 GS has a powerful 652cc single cylinder, four stroke engine and an electronic intake pipe injection for the fuel system. It is tremendously lightweight at 423 pounds, with everything in it, even a full fuel tank. Able to get to 55 miles per hour easily and maintain about 74 miles per gallon in a 3.7 gallon fuel tank you are looking to stay in the saddle longer and go further. The BMW G650GS is able to go from the highway onto dirt and gravel with ease as it will allow you to run through any terrain easily with the spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable suspension.
Average User Rating:
4.6
Based on 3 Reviews   Rate This Motorcycle
Year
Manufacturer
Model
Engine Type
Engine Displacement
Bore & Stroke
Compression Ratio
Cooling
Fuel System
Ignition
Starting System
Transmission
Final Drive
Rake and Trail
Wheel Base
Seat Height
Front Suspension
Rear Suspension
Front Brake
Rear Brake
Front Tire
Rear Tire
Fuel Capacity
Dry Weight
MSRP
2013
BMW
G650GS
Single-cylinder 4-stroke engine, four valves, two overhead camshaft
652cc
100 mm x 83 mm
11.5:1
Liquid-Cooled
Electronic intake pipe injection / BMW engine management, twin-spark ignition
Twin spark ignition
Electric
Constant mesh 5-speed gearbox integrated into crankcase
Endless O-ring chain with shock damping in rear wheel hub
NA
58.2 in.
31.5 inches; lowered suspension: 30.3 inches high seat: 33.1 inches
Telescopic fork, Ø 41 mm, fork stabilizer
Box-section steel dual swing arm, central spring strut operated by lever system
Single disc, diameter 300 mm, double-piston floating caliper
Single disc, diameter 240 mm, single-piston floating caliper
110/80 R19 59V
140/80 R17 69V
3.7 gal. with Approx. 1 gallon reserve
423 lbs.
$7,850
 
end quote from:
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/27705/Buyers-Guide-Specifications/2013-BMW-G650GS.aspx

No comments: