Sunday, November 24, 2013

Natural Ability versus Trained Ability

Though I'd like to write about this I'm not exactly where to start. Maybe the best way might be to share something I have experienced regarding my wife and myself. I was born with intuitive abilities just like many or all of you. But, I then had whooping cough at age 2, and this took a lot to survive. And then I got Blunt trauma childhood epilepsy which stopped when my cranium grew enough to release the pressure from the concussion on my brain by age 15. I almost died from both these things. But, my intuitive natural abilities were greatly enhanced by what I had to do to survive both these medical conditions. So, by the time I was 15 I had learned that I couldn't put myself under extreme intellectual stress or pressure and be okay so that meant the kind of stress my wife went through to get two bachelor's degrees and a master's degree might not be good or even survivable for me. However, it is also true that I didn't know at the time that I had had the blunt trauma variation of epilepsy. I didn't know that until my son was getting his bachelor of Science degree in Nursing a few years ago. So at least until my 60s I didn't really know the real cause of my childhood epilepsy. I just knew I stopped having seizures at age 15.

So, did I have natural intuitive abilities from birth? Yes. But would I have developed them if my life wasn't threatened in the ways that it was? That's hard to say.

However, I did over the years get about 8 years of college in various subjects.

Then we have my wife. She had no major illnesses at all and was valedictorian of her private school and then got a bachelor's degree, a master's degree and then another bachelor's degree. However, her natural ability as an intuitive has had no formal training at all. And yet, all the intuitives I know think she is incredible. Because even without training she seems to be the most helpful person to everyone that I have ever met. In fact, I believe I am with her to protect her and to guide her sort of like a knight. So, she is a natural. She reminds of of a musical prodigy or something in regard to helping people. She loves people and walks up to people and talks to them and just helps them in all sorts of situations. She used to be a non-profit fund raiser and is very good talking to very wealthy people too.

So, which is better to have lived a life like mine where I almost died twice and barely survived to be 15 but also someone who often correctly knows what is going to happen (given certain variables) days, weeks, months or years in advance? Or is it better to be naturally there never having almost died as many times as I have but also having been trained in various ways by intuitives, Tibetan Lamas, Christian Mystic Ministers, Swamis, Native American Shamans etc.

I don't think this is a question I can answer because it is like apples and oranges and God seems to have plans for all of us to help here on earth.

So, I guess it depends upon what your natural abilities are and what training your are given or reach out for in your lives.

However, though Instinct might be replaced with the word Intuition and intellect and intelligence might be synonyms for each other, I think the most important quality might be just common sense.

Like Einstein said paraphrased, "Without common sense intelligence just isn't very useful."

Both intelligence and college degrees are sort of like a hammer, you can build yourself a home so you are warm and cozy all your lives, and you can build a house for all your loved ones if you want to take the time to do that. Or you can just hit yourself in the head with that hammer and then you are dead.

That's why whatever you do, common sense and compassion for yourselves and for others are the most important things of all. By God's Grace!

No comments: