Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Every Person Their Own Religion?

Merry Christmas Everyone! I think to some degree it has always been this way where each person sort of becomes their own religion so to speak over the years. If it weren't this way most people wouldn't survive past 25 years of age (or at least they wouldn't want to).

I myself, found myself being raised a Christian Mystic with my mother reading books like, "Blessed Among Women" (about Mary the Mother of Jesus) and seeing movies like "The Robe" and "The Ten Commandments" and even the squeeky clean feel of "The Sound of Music" when I was 17 with my girlfriend then and my parents in West L.A.  the year it came out at the theaters there at some really big fancy theater then.

But then, like almost everyone, eventually I had to face the paradox that neither I nor anyone else on earth was perfect. And how do you really cope with that realization without taking your own life in the end? So, as  people failed me and I failed myself one by one and by groups, suicide seemed very very inviting to me. So, I found I stayed alive at first for my parents. I had already seen what suicide had done to families so I became a part time suicide counselor through my college and started donating my time through Operation Share to kids who needed free tutoring from college students.

But, eventually luckily, I found the publication "Psychology Today" at my college library and started to understand all the problems of myself, my family, my religion and all my friends. Once I had figured out what was wrong with the human race through the necessary conditioning abuse we all receive in order to stay alive and prosper in our world cultures I was on my way to success of every kind slowly but surely. But, without me going to the brink of death for about 4 years time I wouldn't have been worth anything to anyone, just like many people you and I have met in our lives.

One of my important discoveries to my own (and maybe other's survival) is that each person must make their own individual covenant with the universe in any way that they can. Otherwise, it is not worth being alive because you are only living by someone else's criteria and that has nothing to do at all with your relationship to the universe. So, I'm am eternally grateful to the universe for keeping me alive when all I wanted to do was die in disappointment with the world, myself and everyone in it.

If  you are there now just remember, if you can just stay alive for 6 weeks or a few months it usually gets better and becomes something completely different than you ever could have imagined before. Life is an adventure! But you have to stay alive to actually experience all the infinite possibilities before you that you never could have imagined before! Merry Christmas!

No comments: