Sunday, December 29, 2013

More regarding 47 Ronin

I was trying to convey the magic of this movie without giving away the plot. So, I will try. Imagine a time when people didn't have science as the basis of their lives. The basis of their lives was order, obedience and magic. All the ideas in some ways are completely alien to the ones we live by now in the U.S. So, from this perspective it is a completely magical world. I think someone who grew up in Japan might have a completely different experience watching this movie than someone here in the U.S. But, it is an amazing movie on many different levels and one you don't want to miss because it is an instant classic.

I wasn't expecting much at all. But, as the theater completely filled up with people I realized it was going to be better than I had thought. And then I was completely amazed and "Taken away"  by it like I was by "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon".

No comments: