Thursday, December 26, 2013

People and the Singularity

In the end it is the people of the Earth who will decide (rightly or wrongly) how the singularity progresses. It is coming now at a quantum level of generation every day.

Even if I trace back my own place in this quantum generation without allowing for any other's it goes something like this:

For me, the Singularity started with a dream to travel as a child. But, my dream to travel was both physically and in my mind. It started for me likely when I rode a bicycle by myself at age 5 and wasn't limited to just around and near my house but was allowed to ride for miles within my subdivision because it was safe. Then I did what other kids did I took clothspins and playing cards and made my bike have the sounds of playing cards flapping along as I drove. Then I put motorcycle risers on my bicycle so I could stand up while I rode. Then I bought at 12 a mini-bike that had a 2 1/2 horsepower motor. Then at 16 I started to get interested in Star Trek on TV. Then I majored in Comptuer Science and started working for Computer based businesses in the Los Angeles area part time until 20 and then while I was 20. At 21 I became discouraged in computers because RAM didn't exist yet in mainframes and BATCH was just too tedious for me anymore. So, computers became a hobby for me instead of a living profession. I bought a TRS-80 by Tandy at Radio Shack with 4k of memory in 1978. Then in 1985 I bought an IBM Clone AT for $2500 in Silicon Valley for myself, my wife and my kids and taught them all DOS so they could operate the computer, play games, do homework, print out their homework and do fractals that were beautiful on it and print them out.

They all became proficient on computers. Then the Internet started first with Yahoo and Netscape and AOL and we all started to go onto the Internet and learned all sorts of new things. Then in 1998 I got a heart virus and prayed to God to survive that and vowed to God that if I survived it I would create a website to share with the World all that God had showed me during my lifetime. So, since I survived I started a website in 1999 at Geocities. Now, that site is gone and replaced with a site I have to pay for at Yahoo Business called dragonofcompassion.com and this site Intuitivefred888.Intuitivefred888 is a free site of course.

This is sort of how my life and the Singularity have interconnected so far. The way technology is helpful to people is how the quantum changes move throughout societies around the world.

Technology isn't helpful unless enough people know about it and actually find ways to successfully use it in their lives. So, far just with intuitivefred888 I have been able to reach over 300,000 people around the world with articles written by me and many many quoted from other people, and many of these articles are about technological breakthroughs around the world. As people become aware of technologies and find GOOD ways to use them in their lives, the world hopefully becomes a better place for everyone.

The important thing for all of us to be aware of is that EACH ONE of us is creating the future. So, we need to create a future our children will actually WANT to be alive in and to live in. I think this has to be the point of it all. Without Quality of Life no one will want to be alive. So, use the technological innovations to create a heaven for us all ongoing here on earth. That seems to be the point of it all.

No comments: