Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Airport

I had to drive again to a nearby airport a few hours away to pick up my older daughter this time. Luckily even though we were driving home during rush hour because there were 2 of us we did okay. Especially when she looked online and told me there was an accident on 101 and showed me an alternate route she is about 25 and lives in Oregon. So, while most of the people were going pretty slow on an alternate freeway we were in the fast Diamond lane going 60 to 65 most of the time which was great. Since my son flew  in the last week for the first visit for about 1 year since he got his new job the family is getting together (from as far away as Oregon) to get together so we can all be together during this week or so while my son is visiting from afar. It's great to see him in person and not have to just see each other through Skype the last year. It's a good day. The hottest place I drove through to get there was still 72 degrees at about 4pm today and it stayed as high as 65 degrees until at least 6 pm which was surprising for this time of year. The Temperatures normally would be in the 50s at most for a high this time of year so this was a pretty amazing day and a really beautiful pink and orange sunset to boot. Summertime in January. What's next?

No comments: