Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Fit Young Men Have Fewer Heart Attacks Later

Fit Young Men Have Fewer Heart Attacks Later

MedPage Today
4 hours ago

Written by
Todd Neale

Cardiovascular. Fit Young Men Have Fewer Heart Attacks Later. Published: Jan 8, 2014 | Updated: Jan 8, 2014. By Todd Neale, Senior Staff Writer, MedPage Today.
I can't seem to quote this article. To read it please click on word button above.

I have never had a heart attack that I know of and I am 65. However, one of my best friends who was more intellectual and immediately got a Bachelor's degree and started teaching wasn't into jogging or aerobics or strenuous physical activity. He passed away at around age 60 or 61 likely partly because of this from a heart attack. This is also true of many people I have known who were more intellectual and less physically active.

On the other hand I was always active riding my bicycle after age 5 years of age and playing hard and then around 12 to 15 I started jogging from the stress of dealing with childhood epilepsy from ages 10 to 15 including going out for Basketball in grade 6. Around 12 I really got into jogging and continued jogging 1 mile or more because I felt much better and less stressed (because of jogger's high) from running 1 mile or more. I found I felt much better when I jogged almost every day, hiked in the mountains when I could (or in the deserts) and surfed on air mattresses, surf boards, or boogie boards or just body surfing in the beaches around Los Angeles and malibu and scuba diving at Catalina island and around Los Angeles and Long Beach beaches whenever I could. By always being active whenever I could having fun getting exercise alone or with friends I kept my fun exercise regimes until I reached my 40s and found I couldn't jog anymore because I kept getting bone spurs in my feet which finally became to painful to jog with. However, even then I kept walking vigorously and skiing and riding mountain bikes continually up to today when I am 65. I think exercise is the main reason (along with a healthy diet) and good family and friends, that I am still alive and relatively healthy today even though I do have some heart issues I have to deal with every day. However, that doesn't stop me from exercising every day in some fun way ongoing. 

No comments: