Wednesday, January 8, 2014

For a painless Shave?

A few years ago now I was in the shower and noticed my wife had a new razor type. I looked at it and thought to myself "This looks really well designed!" So, I thought about trying her leg razor on my face (wives don't usually like you to do this). But, I did and found it in the shower to be the best most pain free shave of anything I have tried.

So, I said to my wife, "Can you buy me one of those razors so and some razor cartridges?" She said, "Yes. But only as long as you don't use my razors." I said, "It's a deal."

What made me think about this today is she bought me some of the VENUS razor cartridges by Gillette.

We laughed about it today because she said, "8 razor cartridges are $22" and I said, "$22? That's really expensive!" But, I guess if you want the most pain free shave on your face as a man this is what you have to do. I have always hated shaving because it can be uncomfortable and painful on your face.  But, the most pleasant experience with shaving is in the shower where you can't really make a mess. I don't use a mirror I just feel my face for whiskers with my left hand when I shave in the shower with my right. No mess. No fuss. It's great. Also, shampoo or shower gel is usually slick enough to shave with if you apply it to your face. You don't really need foam you just need a slick substance so the razor doesn't stick to the flesh on your face. However, everyone to their own taste. I find this is the least effort with the best results. So, in regard to efficiency for me with the least pain and mess this is it. And then, sometimes I'm in a hurry and only use my electric razor. But, I find I like when I have the time to use the Venus Razors. They're the best.

She also said to me, "You know, any man who lives with a woman who uses these likely uses them too eventually!"

No comments: