Saturday, January 18, 2014

Going to Church is Social and Cultural more than it is religious

It is kind of like being invited or allowed to go to a Thanksgiving dinner.  You might not appreciate being able to do this until someone in your family or extended family says, "You're not welcome here anymore", and you have to find something else to do on Thanksgiving from then on.

I woke up dreaming about still being in the religion I was raised from 1950 to 1969 in this morning before I woke up and then I remembered it when I woke up and started to write this. Obviously, on some level the pain of all this is still in my subconscious somewhere still.

I was in church at an international conference so there were at least 1000 people or more at this particular conference from around the world. I noticed someone rush in and sort of faint inside the church and I looked and it was a young man who was distraught because a good friend of his had been ostracized from the church. 

You know how in dreams something can have happened that is completely paradoxical to the dream. Well, this was one of those dreams in that "How could I have been ostracized from the church and still be going to the church?" So anyway, as the young man got up and was led out of the church I said I would talk to him about this. He seemed to respect what I had to say for some reason. However, as I went to talk to him like I promised there were many interferences with this to the point where I eventually gave up. Once he had fainted he really didn't want to talk about it with me he wanted to talk about it with his peers. I felt sort of funny about this at first but then realized this is kind of how young people are. They don't necessarily trust their elders just like I didn't trust people over 30 years old until I became 30 myself. This is just how it is.

People don't realize from 15 to 25 just how insane it really is to be 30 or older and all the terrible decisions and compromises one must make just to stay alive and stay sane in a body here on earth yet. 15 to 25 year olds are all idealistic and full of life but have no concept yet just how difficult life can be. That is why so many people never make it to 30. It's just always been this way.

Surviving in the end has nothing at all to do with idealism. It has to do with, "Are you willing to make the choices that will keep you alive and sane in a physical body here on earth?" or not?

This in the end is the only really important question of all. Longevity or death?

No comments: