Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Hudson Bay, Canada 2100?

Helen: "Isn't my view of Hudson Bay beautiful, George? I sold my parents acreage on Hawaii and bought this one because the climate is better here now. About 6 months a year it reminds me a lot of how my parents told me Hawaii used to be before the plants and birds started dying of the heat. I was able to sell my 2 acres on Hawaii my parents left me and buy this 40 acres of land and a sailboat to sail up into the arctic all the way to the north pole if I wanted to during the summer months."

However, I hear you have to watch out for fast moving container ships up there now that are traveling from Russia to Canada direct now straight across the North Pole."

George: "Well. I have to admit it is much more comfortable here outside than down in the lower 48 states in the U.S. Did you have to get Canadian Citizenship to buy this land?"

Helen: "I was able to get a waiver since Canada and the U.S. are likely to become the same nation soon so people of Canada and the U.S. will have citizenship in both countries now."

George: "I heard something about that. How does that work?"

Helen: "Well. As the tundra all started melting out in the 2020s more and more resources opened up because the weather was changing so much that settlers started to move into the Hudson Bay area from all over the world and especially from the U.S. Land in Alaska had been settled a lot as the weather changed so after Alaska got sort of crowded with people the idea of Canada and the U.S. joining became more and more attractive financially for both countries. So, it's almost here."

 note: I was envisioning what Global Warming would do to the earth between now and 2100 and saw someone buying land in the Hudson Bay Region of Canada so I thought I would write a little about that.

If something like I am writing about here actually comes about that quickly it is also very likely that the world of humans will start to diminish and disappear (at least on the surface of the earth) within 500 years after that.

So, by then we might have to settle other planets or greatly change our behaviors here on earth or both.

No comments: