Sunday, January 26, 2014

Shingles occurring in many people now under 40

My son flew in a day or so ago now and his friend who is a world traveler in his business also was in town visiting his parents. He told us how he was having Shingles outbreaks now even though he is only 39. He said his brother had had outbreaks and is around 42 or 43. He said he researched the cause and found that people who had had chicken pox shots were the ones getting shingles at early ages. He said that people who had had chicken pox but not the shot usually didn't get shingles until after 60 or 65. It made me want to get a Shingles shot because my wife and I had discussed it before. He showed us the scarring on his abdomen from a recent shingles outbreak. I asked him why he hadn't got a shingles shot and he said that he wasn't old enough yet to get one. So, if you are older than 60 and have had chicken pox like my wife and I be sure to get a shingles shot as shingles outbreaks are very painful like the adds on TV for a shingles shot say.

No comments: