Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Whole Point of Compassion

One of the Amazing Lamas I met during the 1980s

I reread this article about Chakdud Tulku that I met during the 1980s and felt moved to write this following piece on Compassion.

The whole point of developing compassion inside yourself is that one tends to radiate this compassion out to all around one. Depending upon the person this can radiate out through a whole  household or multi-block area or it can encompass the entire planet.

I had an experience of something like this in the 1970s. I sensed the whole weather within about 20 miles changing just because someone called Kriyananda was near. This was my first surprise that someone's attainment of compassion for all life could actually affect the weather. It permanently changed how I saw life around me after that experience.

When I met Chakdud Tulku he was one of the teachers of an American Tibetan Buddhist teacher I had been studying with. So, it was a very amazing experience to meet Chakdud Tulku when I did.

The point of developing Compassion is it will completely change your life and the lives of all around you in an ever increasing way ongoing. I started to notice it immediately when I first discovered the my goal in life needed to be developing compassion. Before this I worshipped Truth until I realized Truth is a two edged Sword that Kills People as often as it saves them. So, even though I still worshipped truth I realized that maybe God himself should be the emissary of Truth because sometimes people die from it and I should be an emissary of Compassion at the behest of God.

Because I always was a natural intuitive I used to go to watch Kathryn Kuhlman at the Shrine Auditorium with my girlfriend around 1972 in Los Angeles. She was was a well known Christian Faith Healer during that time. About 10,000 or more people would come to see her during one of these times at the Shrine Auditorium. It was always a completely Amazing experience with this many people of faith being supercharged by her faith in Jesus Christ. She would start singing "Aleluia. Aleluia, Aleluia, Aleluia" after telling stories of healings at previous events. I would describe her as a Christian Intuitive Faith Healer. So, as the healings began she would describe the healing and where they were and one by one the people being healed would walk up to her and pass out when she touched their foreheads at the altar. Thousands of people singing and praying combined with thousands of angels made everyone their healings euphoric and indescribable. Since I had chosen to live on Earth with Angels starting continuously from 1969 and this was now 1972 I really enjoyed being around thousands and thousands of Healing Angels at one of these gatherings of 10,000 or more devout Christians attending on Sundays then.

While I was there as an intuitive I observed how it all worked scientifically as an intuitive. So, the mechanisms and technology that caused these healings were obvious to me as an intuitive.

So, when I went to India to the Kalachakra Initiation I also witnessed the angels and the spiritual technology there. Many aspects were exactly the same. There were angels at both events. The only difference really was that Tibetans called them Dakas and Dakinis instead of Angels. (a Daka is a male Angel and a Dakini is a female Angel).

Then I was told by locals that at the end of the Kalachakra Initiation with the Dalai Lama and around 200,000 to 500,000 people there being initiated during those 4 days that a rain storm would occur at the very end. My thought at the time was "Sure". That isn't possible. However, on a warm day of 85 or 90 degrees Fahrenheit that was dry without a cloud in the sky a cloud slowly formed right above where the Dalai Lama and the people were. It was the ONLY cloud in the whole sky and then it ONLY rained on the 200,000 to 500,000 people there. And then after that it slowly disappeared from the sky without moving in any direction.

That was really amazing. When I got to Dharamshala, India (completely across India from Boghgaya) several days by train then, I mentioned the amazing sight of watching this cloud and rain form from nothing. The monk I was talking to in English said, "Funny you would mention that see that guy over there in the white robe?" I said "Yes."  Then he said, "Well. He's the one that did that." You can imagine what I thought as an American Intuitive because I could sense he was right by the Aura of the man in the White Robe. It was a spiritual technology from India and the Himalayas and Tibet.
Then the man said, "not only can he do that he can also stop the rain from touching anyone in the group being initiated outside when he needs to too."

YEp, this is compassion India and Tibet Style and it was way beyond what I was used to here in the U.S. ever. Some of the most amazing events in my life I have seen in India and Nepal.

This was in  1985 and 1986. And I think it had to do with how everyone there at that time was so close to death and they knew it. Most people didn't have any health care at all and lived by the money they made day by day. You could always see it in their eyes. "God please take care of me!" all the time as we passed by. There was this feeling that because we were white and westerners we could help them somehow sort of like we were E.T.s from space or something because the majority of people had never even been to first grade then in India because there was no public education then. So, people looked to us to be wise people or something from another planet. It was a very different experience than I have ever had on Earth before.

After this, I realized just how important it was for me to develop compassion because as a westerner educated through High School and College too for 8 years time I was light years ahead of most people there in understanding what was going on technologically and experience wise because I had already traveled so far and wide. And most people there never travel beyond about 20 or 30 miles from home except in emergencies or unless they are bus or truck drivers (at least in 1985 and 1986) this was true.

So, developing compassion is very important not only to yourselves but to everyone you pass by in your car or walking down the street. You will change literally everyone's lives for the better as you develop compassion for yourselves and all beings in the universe.

I realized I had to give something to all the people there in India who asked "Baksheesh" begging for alms for the poor to survive just one more day. So, I gave something to everyone even if it was like a nickel, a dime or a quarter in local money. In this way I realized their existence was recognized by an educated person and this might give them the strength to live another day or more. Compassion frees not only the person developing the compassion it frees everyone else too.

No comments: