Thursday, January 2, 2014

Waterpik to increase Heart Health

I hadn't had my teeth cleaned since about 1998 because likely this was the final cause of almost dying from a heart virus. However, this fall when I went into a dental checkup I learned about how gum health and heart health are very related. So, I signed up for getting my teeth cleaned and I also purchased Zithromax an antibiotic that I would take before coming in for a dental cleaning to prevent any other problems in the future whenever I do this. I learned about how important it is to use a Waterpik, especially if you have any heart problems, because any gum infections that you know about or don't know about can either be eliminated or greatly reduced by regularly using a waterpik.

When I got the device from my dental hygienist they had one there for me to buy that they recommend so I took it home. I realized that for me the one with the attachment that looks like a toothbrush that a spray comes out in the center of the brush would be right for me. The biggest problem I have had with it so far is I have to usually strip down to my underwear and to kneel on a carpet in front of the bathroom sink to prevent me from getting really wet. Because so much water is coming out of my mouth from the device that this is the best way for me. Although each of you will develop the best method to wash between your teeth.

Note: There is one attachment that will make your gums bleed if you use it at the highest setting so be careful of that one. I find the lower settings are more useful than the higher ones for me. But that is just me. You might find other settings useful for you.

end note.

Getting all the food out of pockets of your gums between your teeth can really make a person feel better. I have noticed a real difference in my general health since doing this once or twice a day. I usually, if I have time, try to do it in the morning when I wake up and at night before I go to bed to get out any food particles that might remain between my teeth or in the pockets of my gums between my teeth.

Happy Heart Health and mouth health!

No comments: