Sunday, February 23, 2014

Almond Blossoms in California

As I drove north I thought they might be Apple Blossoms but later that day my friend on the phone said, "No. Apple and other fruits are later what you saw coming up Interstate 5 is Almond Blossoms and apiaries so the bees can pollinate the flowers. As I drove Up Interstate 5 (I think it is around Williams and throughout that area the whole area smelled like these flower blossoms which was really nice when not in areas also burning away the slash for the next planting season. However, when I stopped at rest stop I looked at the other trees there and they weren't doing so well because there hasn't been enough rain. As I drove up from Redding past Shasta Dam I was kind of shocked to see so little water in the Dam crossing the first big bridge over the Dam. Further up at I think it is called Lakehead there was no lake water at all just the Sacramento River cutting it's way through what used to be lake there. I wonder if there will be enough to water ski in left this summer in the dam the way things are presently going? But, maybe houseboats might be okay in some areas if they are fairly close together if they don't let all the water out of the dam for electrical generation and to have water in the river down beyond the Dam.

No comments: