Monday, March 31, 2014

God's Not Dead 2014

God's Not Dead

‎1hr 53min‎‎ - Rated PG‎‎ - Comedy/Drama‎
Director: Harold Cronk - Cast: Kevin Sorbo, Shane Harper, David A.R. White, Dean Cain, Willie Robertson
Present-day college freshman and devout Christian, Josh Wheaton, finds his faith challenged on his first day of Philosophy class by the dogmatic and argumentative Professor Radisson. Radisson begins class by informing students that they will need to disavow, in writing, the existence of God on more »
 

God's Not Dead (2014) - IMDb

www.imdb.com/title/tt2528814/
Internet Movie Database
Rating: 4.7/10 - ‎4,722 votes
God's Not Dead (2014) Poster. Contact the Production Co. on IMDbPro ». MOVIEmeter. 12. Up 114 this week. View rank on IMDbPro » ...

I haven't seen this movie yet, but because it is a comedy I likely will eventually.


And yes. Secular non-religious colleges can be like this even though many colleges prefer people to be individuals not cut out of the same cookie cutter and so allow diversity of ideas.

My experience with all this was when I was 18 and started taking a Sociology Course at Glendale College in Fall 1966. My family had raised me to be a creationist and even though I am a very logical person my beliefs I was taught were emotionally and culturally a part of me. So, as a natural intuitive I realized immediately that most young and older people taking this Social Science class also believed in evolution and this sort of broke my mind at first. So, I found myself dropping out of college for a year and getting a full time job while I sort of straightened all this out in my emotions and mind. In the meantime my mother needed a hemorrhoid  operation and since my family didn't have health care my father asked me to work longer than spring semester to help him pay for her operation. I actually was kind of relieved I needed to work instead of going to school right then anyhow. So, I didn't return to college until Fall 1967. 

It actually took me until I was 20 or 21 to reconcile all this properly in my head and emotions. I realized Creationism is a theory and so is evolution. Neither can really be proved logically. So, I left it at that and moved on with my life on all levels. This was a very good thing.

However, I used the scientific method on literally everything in my life and put everything into categories because of this into hypotheses, Theories and Laws. In this way I didn't have to throw anything away because often things that aren't useful now can be put in the hypotheses drawer and stay there until they might become useful later. So, I wound up with almost an infinite amount of hypotheses, more theories and very few laws regarding living here on earth in general and in regard to life in the universe ongoing.



 


No comments: