Monday, April 28, 2014

Financial Security?

This might be about something different than you expect.

It is theoretically possible that absolutely anything and everything you ever do online could be received and looked at by literally everyone on earth. Think about that for a moment.

How likely is this? About Zero.
However, I'm trying to make a point which is the Internet is not safe and never will be for about 1000 to 1million reasons. Mostly because there will ALWAYS be 1 to 10 to 100 to 1000 to 1million people smarter than any internet security that anyone ever devises.

Today, we got something in snail mail that tells people (em Masse) that they should do absolutely everything online to increase security in their lives and give up snail mail completely which is the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life. I have been programming computers and studying them since 1966 when I first went to college so this statement is one of the most ridiculous and dangerous things I have ever heard. If you want to be more secure get a post office box for your snail mail instead of a regular unlocked mail box. If you want to be more secure install a deadbolt to your front door and metal bars on every window if you live someplace dangerous. But, doing everything online is just asking for trouble from literally any government, any criminal, any corporation or company or mafia on earth.

For example, if I'm given a choice I will NEVER file my taxes online (because I don't want 25 to 100 copies of my taxes in all nations on earth). To think otherwise is to be incredibly naive.

People who don't care about what I'm talking about have nothing and likely will never have anything because you will not have anything or keep anything useful in your life unless you protect what you have in some way shape or form.

For example, I never wanted to be rich most of my life because I considered it not worth the trouble of protecting stuff. But then, I got to be 40 or so and realized just how bad things can get sometimes.

So, I prayed to God to become a custodian of Wealth for God. At the time I was a little naive about what this would mean. Now it is about 25 years later and God has taught me what all this means. Basically, being a custodian of Wealth for God is a whole lot of work. But, it also allows a person to be a mentor of many people and to change their lives for the better. So, if you are old enough and responsible enough to do this ask God if you can become a custodian of God's wealth. If you are granted this it will change your life completely, but probably not in the way you might think when you are young.

But, don't ever believe people that tell you that anything on the Internet is secure. If you see the preview of a new movie called "Sex Tape" about a couple who get drunk and digitally save a video of  their love making but accidentally push the wrong button when it is stored in the cloud and it instead of being deleted is sent to all their friends and relatives including their postman you get just how bad the Internet really is for people who don't know enough to protect themselves. Or people who are just too drunk or stoned to be around technology at the time.

Another thing I do for security: I put a piece of scotch tape with a little piece of white paper over the lens of any camera on any computer or Ipad in my house. I thought about doing this on my smartphone but it didn't seem as practical to do this with a smartphone because it is always going into and out of my pocket. If I knew how to turn the microphones off on all devices I would do that to because people can remotely take control of any device with a video camera or microphone from anywhere on earth and many do this to find out things about you from what you say or to look at you when you are naked or something like that which could endanger you in this way too.

So, the last paragraph is a tip not only about financial security but also physical safety for you and your family as well.

Another tip: Never leave your internet browser on while you are away from your computer because that is the easiest way for a hacker to gain control of your computer when you aren't there monitoring what is happening on your computer. So, on my laptop I make sure to close it which puts it to sleep. But on any desktop I make sure to turn off any internet browser so it makes it much harder to hack into any desktop I own.

No comments: