Monday, May 26, 2014

Blended (2014)

The critics hated this movie on "Rotten Tomatoes" but people who went to it like myself loved it. It made me feel like I might almost survive my daughter's finals, and my grandson's birth to my oldest son's wife within the next 10 days. I have been a member of a "blended family" since 1980 when I married for the 2nd time. It isn't always easy but everybody from my blended family grew up and is successful with a college degree and one or more careers each.

This movie likely will offend some people but I found people were mostly just funny and very "Real" which some people can't deal with. It is funny in an Adam Sandler way which is of course going to offend some people with it's Saturday Night Live kind of style. But, I felt very happy to be watching this movie as a lot of this kind of stuff was what I experienced in life even though I've never been to Africa.

So, if you are one of those that go to see this movie hopefully you are one of the 70+% that loved it like I did. It's campy and schlocky but I felt like I could survive this Memorial Day and Graduation week and becoming a grandfather within 10 days because I watched this movie.

Blended (2014) - IMDb

www.imdb.com/title/tt1086772/
Internet Movie Database
Rating: 5.3/10 - ‎1,715 votes
After a bad blind date, a man and woman find themselves stuck together at a resort for families, where their attraction grows as their respective kids benefit from ...



No comments: