Saturday, May 31, 2014

Gluten-Free Living magazine: Since 40% of people on earth are allergic to Gluten

I'm not sure where it came from but I noticed a Gluten-Free Living magazine next to my wife's computer just now wrapped in plastic so I opened it up and it is full of gluten free products, recipes and articles about how to live gluten free. The copy I have said it is number 3/2014 so possibly that means March 2014?
About 38,700,000 results (0.31 seconds) 

Search Results

  1. Gluten-Free Living Home

    www.glutenfreeliving.com/
    Gluten-Free Living has a medical advisory board made up of physicians who are experts in treating those with celiac disease and gluten intolerance.

    The Basic Diet


    The Basic Diet (What I Can Eat). Is it Gluten Free? A Basic Diet ...

    Recipes


    ... Seed Muffins 2 High-Protein Lemon Coconut Poppy Seed ...

    The Magazine


    As the most authoritative voice in the market since 1995, Gluten ...

    Current Issue


    Be sure to read our most current issue for all the latest ...

    Subscribe


    Subscribe. If you have celiac disease, gluten intolerance or ...

    Getting Started


    Newly Diagnosed - Eating Out - What is Celiac Disease? - ...

    1. Sonoma Valley Sun ‎- 2 days ago
      By now, you probably know someone who is living a gluten free lifestyle. Recent studies show that 15 to 20 percent of consumers are seeking ...



      Since 40% of the people on earth are allergic to gluten, and for some it is a fatal thing to eat gluten to someone like myself who has eaten gluten my whole life only to find out last year through blood tests that I needed to not eat gluten anymore.

      In my case I got sensitive to gluten and likely my oldest daughter became sensitive in the same way. We both went to third world countries and got Giardea about 20 years apart. What often happens is what happened to me over time. The protozoa attack your intestines because their favorite sugar is Gluten sugar. So, they prevent your intestines from processing gluten sugar. Over time, this can cause first Hypothyroidism (which I was diagnosed with in 2006) this diagnosis by my physical trainer who had been trained as a Physician's assistant in Germany while growing up there, and who also was hypothyroid. So, when I told her my symptoms she said I should have a T3 and T4 blood test. This came up positive for hypothyroidism. If I hadn't been diagnosed soon like Likely would have eventually died of bronchitis or pneumonia complications. I had to take sudafed or other similar medications and zythromax series up to 5 times or more every winter when I got bronchitis from undiagnosed hypothyroidism. So, likely I would be dead now if it weren't for this diagnosis in 2006.

      When I got the blood test last year I learned that in addition to getting hypothyroid and allergic to gluten from getting giardia that eventually if you don't give up gluten in time you also can get auto-immune diseases. So, giving up gluten can prevent this in someone who has had giardia either diagnosed or undiagnosed. So, I have given up gluten for life as going back on gluten likely would cost me my life at this point.

      note: I have the issue of the magazine with the hamburger on the cover. 

      Giardia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giardia
      Wikipedia
      Giardia is a genus of anaerobic flagellated protozoan parasites of the phylum Sarcomastigophora that colonise and reproduce in the small intestines of several ...

No comments: