Sunday, August 31, 2014

Quote of the day from "Mountain Men" on HIstory Channel

"Freedom also is the freedom to die if you screw up".

How many of you have experienced this much freedom?

Mostly remote backpackers and a few who live remotely in places they have built mostly themselves with their friends help have actually experienced this kind of freedom very much.

A friend of mine who is a musician who has traveled all over the world playing music and singing with other musicians was telling me about someone we both had met who went to South America on 35 dollars he took with him. I couldn't imagine doing something like this but realized it would be possible if you worked your way down to the tip of South America if you were really determined to do this. This guy was a single and very eccentric person but also a very hard worker and a "Never say Die!" kind of person.

Personally, if I was going to south America I would like to go in style and I could whenever my wife or I chose to. But, you've got to hand it to someone who does it on $35 that he took with him over the border into Mexico and then made it to the tip of South America by working his way down to the tip and back.

No comments: