Tuesday, August 26, 2014

When Jesus walked on Shore from the Ocean in Kalapana

I moved with my first wife and our baby son to Hilo,Hawaii in August 1974. This is a story my wife told me as it was told her her by locals regarding their legends.

There are stories of Jesus bringing the Blue Corn to the Hopis.

This is the Hawaiian story of Jesus coming as Caimu to Kalapana Beach and walking on shore there.

My wife took me to Kalapana beach then in 1974 with my baby son. We walked along this beach and considered it to be sacred like the locals did and walked on this beach with reverence for it's sacred nature.

We heard rumblings about a resort to be built there and wondered about that then in 1974.

Today, I was watching the Weather Channel and realized for the first time that Kalapana and around 100 homes had been covered over with Lava in the late 1970s and early 1980s. So, the beach I walked on as a sacred duty then is gone now along with anything nearby including homes, trees, roads, cars and anything else that was there.

The story is very simple: Jesus came on shore and they called him Caimu and he taught them about how to live and they knew he was real and he was sacred.

Jesus also came to the Hopis in Arizona and gave them Blue Corn which is still grown and sacred today. (I buy blue corn chips in remembrance of this truth).

So, whether you believe all this or not, it is kind of interesting that blue corn is still here in the U.S. and it is also interesting that Kalapana is now all under several feet or more of hardened lava and the beach is gone too.

No comments: