Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Logged out from another location?

I keep getting a message that I have logged out from another location here at my site. This is either a delayed message regarding one of the other computers I use for blogging. (I have access to several IMacs and my Macbook pro laptop) so it could be that I logged out somewhere else in the last 24 hours. Or it could mean someone is hacking my site. So far I've found no evidence of this. However, I suppose it could be possible because I have over 14,000 blog articles here on this site. And I'm not about to re-read 14,000 articles to see if I can put my stamp of approval on them all still.

So, hopefully, it is just me logging out from another computer rather than someone hacking my site for whatever their purposes are. Just thought you should know in case it isn't me logging out.

I have had this blog site attacked by hackers before when I was writing about Silver and Bret and their adventures with building a custom drone that looked like a real Eagle from the ground and flying it across the country:

AS DRONES EVOLVE: FICTION?

What happened then was someone hacked my password so I had to change my password. However, they lost about 1/2 of what I had written and I found when I tried to replace it I couldn't because my mojo in writing it just wasn't there the 2nd time. So, I did the best I could but I didn't like it as much as what I had written the first time.

So, if you are a blogger and like to write, please create a good password that people aren't likely to guess. Also, have it be a length that they don't expect either and use all the types of characters you can think of including numbers.

Or maybe better yet make a 2nd digital copy or a hard copy or both so if someone hacks your site you don't lose your best writing to the hackers.


No comments: